Update on Tom and Maja.

I took Tom and Maja to the vet today.  Tom still has had some issues pooping, which he received new medication we need to give him orally and he also received an IV of fluids.  Hopefully that will get him squirting poop out soon.

Now, here is Maja's story.  She is actually two years old!  And was also recently preggers!  My baby kitten is actually a slut!  Fuck!

Anyway, the test for feline leukemia came back negative for Maja.  She did have evidence of ear mites but we took care of that.  She also got her vaccines and flee medication.   She is getting fixed on August 30th.

Minus being 300 greenbacks shorter, everything went really well.  There was a new Vet at our clinic.  She is now my new Vet for now on.  She was filling in but I'll find out where she works full time.  She was so awesome and took really good care of the cats.

Ylva is still a jerk,

Couch

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, smudge said:

I am truly worried about Tom. Please keep us posted on him.

I am glad Maja is doing well and is such a pretty girl. We thought our girl was a sweet kitten when we got her. Turned out she was s 2 1/2 - 3 year old trollip! We still love her. :)

This vet didn't seem overly concerned.  She seemed to believe this would pass with the medication we are now giving him.  She also explored him with her finger and stated he was pretty clear.  I felt bad for Tom during the procedure.  It didn't look comfortable.  

This vet loved Tom.  She kept showing the vet tech his muscles, specially his leg muscles, and she really took her time looking over him.  I told her Tom is the Joe Rogan of cats.  He's a lovable meat head.   She looked at me in an insane manner after that.  I now know how RG feels. Tom is an awesome cat! 

Couch 

• Heart 2

Good news Couch. Your surprise at the kitten being a Mom already is a reminder about the first cat I took on from someone that didn't really want her, she'd only took her home because she'd found her left over after a hippy festival, anyway what neither of us knew was she was pregnant, about 6 weeks later I'd gone from having no cats to having 6 ?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

A 2-3 year old cat is good.  They've already gone through that destructive growing up from kitten stage where cats tend to chew on all sorts of things around the house.

Yea, but kittens are insane and fun to be around. 

The good thing is, Maja will always look like a kitten. 

Anyway, I woke up today to Maja sleeping next to me.  She had to be someone's cat at one point. She really clings to Pat and me.  She's gonna be perfect for my sister's kids.  It's my hope the live the rest of their lives with fond memories of this kitten cat. 

Couch 

• Heart 2