This Story Makes Me Sad :(

Razors Edge

BTW, News Bot is a jealous little bitch according to Parodybot.  News Bot  started off as a Peloton  stationary bike and Jan abused him on a climbing stage and as a result, News Bot got out of cycling completely and went into News reporting, but he has had it in for Jan ever since then.

I was a Jan fan and this makes me sad too.  I always felt he was judged more harshly than a lot of people who did the same thing.  The recent arrest related to the party was bad enough, but clearly was no wake up call. 

• Heart 1

Jan Ullrich will be forever stuck in my mind as the pro cyclist and TDF winner who ballooned up like a mere mortal.  If you can find some images of him at early season races the year after he won the tour (1998 maybe) he wasn't just a few lbs over race weight he got fat!  Like regular fat guy fat and looked ridiculous in the peleton.

He ended up shedding the lbs mid season but I never saw a pro balloon up like that.

11 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Jan Ullrich will be forever stuck in my mind as the pro cyclist and TDF winner who ballooned up like a mere mortal.  If you can find some images of him at early season races the year after he won the tour (1998 maybe) he wasn't just a few lbs over race weight he got fat!  Like regular fat guy fat and looked ridiculous in the peleton.

He ended up shedding the lbs mid season but I never saw a pro balloon up like that.

True, sadly true, Chris. What a talent, such a shame, but it’s not everyone who has the discipline to go with their talent.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

...you try staying slender on a steady diet of sauerbraten and potato salad without the additional advantages of PED's some time. Let me know how it goes.