August 10 miles & such

Parsnip Totin Jack

Big crowd for this morning's ride. We had ten show up; too many for the narrow roads out to Great Falls so we did another trip through Razorlandia. A couple new riders and some faces we haven't seen in a while. 21 miles, 1:14, 17 avg. Two quad espressos post ride. 

image.jpegO

Clockwise from lower left: Rodel, Mike, Old#7, Mark, Mike, Chip, Sasha, Marco, and Wali. Not pictured: Squirelly Pete who rode yesterday's route in search of car keys.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

I actually rode my bike today. Thunderstorms predicted again. Sky was dark grey, I said the heck with the weather, I’ve been wet before.  When I reached down for my water bottle guess what? No water bottle. I know I had it on the bike yesterday and didn’t ride because of the storm. When I was getting ready today my water bottle wasn’t where I keep it. I figured I left it on the bike. I can drink day old water.  Now I remember what I did with it, I brought it in after my not ride and put it in the dish washer.:facepalm: since I didn’t have my water bottle I figured I better stop for a drink. Yuengling is a good way to hydrate isn’t it?

When I came out the sun was shining.  I saw signs for an Amish bakery, decided to check them out. The sign said bakery and an arrow pointing down the road. 90AFBED6-7D87-46BE-8714-10E127F057AF.thumb.png.a63dabecc37a66d066a6b11274d10eef.pngFinally I came to a sign that had the address for the bakery and an arrow showing turn left. I found a mailbox with that address at the end of a long gravel lane. I started up the lane, a fairly steep climb in deep loose gravel. I got to the top and there was probably the nicest Amish house I have seen. There was a sign on the first door saying bakery. I walked in and a very nice room with baked goods of all kinds. A very pretty Amish lady with red hair was on an upper level of the house (kind of like a tri-level). She came down and waited on me. I had a small cherry pie and a chocolate donut with chocolate frosting. Whelp there goes the diet. 

I rode on home and bagged the grass that I mowed while it was wet yesterday. Not many miles but a pleasant ride.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Envious 1