Johnsonville Brats

BuffJim

As for what I'll be grilling, hard to tell as I still have almost half a cow in my freezer.  Been making this one last as it was the last one off the family farm, no more beef.  :(

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

Are made in the USA.

I'm grilling them for dinner tonight.

What are you grilling this weekend?

Depends on the weather.  Probably burgers (slider style) and perhaps Filet Mignon.  It will be cooler with lots of rain here.  I have a 10 x 10 tent up on the deck and can stand under that while still reaching the grill.

Johnsonville bratts are good but they have to be cooked slowly to keep the flavor in.

• Heart 2

Just now, maddmaxx said:

Probably burgers (slider style) and perhaps Filet Mignon.  It will be cooler with lots of rain here.  I have a 10 x 10 tent up on the deck and can stand under that while still reaching the grill.

Are you hosting a party or something?

Tom

• Heart 1

Brats with grilled onions and peppers sounds good.  Maybe that's what we're having this weekend too!

There is a German deli nearby, maybe we need to make a stop.  BTW my wife will only get her Reuben's from that place now. I'll get some German potato salad, pickled cabbage and good beer, oh man yeah gotta do it!

• Heart 2

Brats remind me of college football in the midwest.  There were always stands selling brats on gamedays.  My family in NY always had hot dogs, not brats.  I guess we liked the extra processing and sodium.

• Heart 1

54 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Do you have a large family, then? Or are you joining Wilbur on an elimination diet?

Tom

Grilling is summer.  Don't you grill veggies where you live?  Sometimes I even grill breakfast on a griddle insert.  No one wants a hot stove in the kitchen during a heat wave.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

So... Does that make you a fan, or do you say no way I would ever eat those things?

I still eat them but there are some little mom and pop meat market shops that I like better. 

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Well, I guess he knows what they are stuffed with!

Tom

Yes I do. I worked in batching and sometimes I ran a sausage stuffer.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Please don't tell us what you put in them.

You can say that about every food that's processed. 

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I still eat them but there are some little mom and pop meat market shops that I like better. 

Yes I do. I worked in batching and sometimes I ran a sausage stuffer.

You can say that about every food that's processed. 

Sometimes you were a sausage stuffer?  :o

• Heart 2

I'm grilling Meatloaf. In the oven. We're supposed to have rain - which we've had 5-7 days/week for over a month - from Sat through Wed.

It's knocked the hell out of weekend pool parties at my brother's where burgers and hot dogs get grilled and steamed crabs are the main course.

37 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I'm grilling Meatloaf. In the oven. We're supposed to have rain - which we've had 5-7 days/week for over a month - from Sat through Wed.

It's knocked the hell out of weekend pool parties at my brother's where burgers and hot dogs get grilled and steamed crabs are the main course.

You better have Maryland in tip-top shape when I come in September for vacation. 

• Heart 1

Hurricane season in Maryland.  Where else could Death Jim go for a holiday?

I’m spending the first half of my trip in your neighborhood. Westerly RI. My daughter lives in Worcester, so we’re gonna do a few days at the beach there. 

51 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I’m spending the first half of my trip in your neighborhood. Westerly RI. My daughter lives in Worcester, so we’re gonna do a few days at the beach there. 

Misquamicut Beach was the one I went to on Tuesday.  I wish I'd had a bicycle with me. You will like it there. It's a bit crazy traffic wise on weekends in the summer but it might be tamed down a bit by then.  You will also be very close to Mystic (20 min).  Once tourist season is over and the kids are back in school Mystic Aquarium and Mystic Seaport are worth visiting if you've never been there before.

Misquamicut Beach was the one I went to on Tuesday.  I wish I'd had a bicycle with me. You will like it there. It's a bit crazy traffic wise on weekends in the summer but it might be tamed down a bit by then.  You will also be very close to Mystic (20 min).  Once tourist season is over and the kids are back in school Mystic Aquarium and Mystic Seaport are worth visiting if you've never been there before.

That’s the beach our motel is on. Plan to do Sunday in Mystic and Monday in Newport.