Just over half an hour now

maddmaxx

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

What?  Are you talking that goofy soccer stuff where if someone looks at you wrong you act like you were just shot? 

Nah. He is probably talking about the one where folks use their "foot" to kick a "ball".  Sort of ridiculous, if you ask me!  Should be footkickball.

Tom

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Real football.

I don't know.  I think the only guy using his foot to kick a ball is still usually some European guy.  Is that your idea of a "real" sport?  Although, the head dude's hands caressing the fat guy's behind every play is pretty Frenchie.

Tom

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I don't know.  I think the only guy using his foot to kick a ball is still usually some European guy.  Is that your idea of a "real" sport?  Although, the hands caressing the fat guys behind every play is pretty Frenchie.

Tom

OK maybe this is it.

image.thumb.png.b0f3c8754fa7794caf3c66830a61b41b.png

Lost an OL for a few weeks.  No inside linebackers.  They fired most of the DB crew and starting over - I hear it's an improvement.  DL should be good.  OL might be good.  We still have the Killer Bs (when Bell decides to play).  They should win the division and many experts are pegging them to play the Pats in the AFC.  Too many unknowns.  I hear they looked real good in the first preseason game.  Did I mention it was a PRESEASON game.  Tomlin is a good coach but I don't think a great coach.  I think he has held the team back because of in game decisions and assistant staff positions.  They will never reach their full potential as long a Tomlin is coach.

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

Tough guys who wear pads and helmets and tackle each other are laughed at by their Rugby counterparts.  And they should.  Especially ones that wear yellow pants.

I honestly think the gear is more of a weapon than protection. With no gear both guys feel the hit. With a big helmet & shoulder pads the guy delivering the hit is pretty well protected , the guy getting hit not so much.