8/11 miles and such

bikeman564™

So, today I rode with my neighbor - an MTB guy - for his longest "road" ride in years (ever?).  31 at 14.8 - a very easy conversational pace.  Super busy since the weather turns bad in the afternoon, but he was amazed at how riding with someone made the miles role by without too much drama.  Since I rode yesterday and will likely ride tomorrow, I don't mind an easy chatty ride.

IMG_6529.thumb.PNG.053dc3ecc54cede87eb7f0ffd13c9437.PNG

Tom

• Heart 2

64@19.7. Kool Aid Classic. Stayed with the really fast guys for about 15 miles. The guy in front of me shook his head at the pace and dropped out. I couldn’t get around him and still stay with that group. Rode solo for about 12 miles until that guy regrouped with some other fast guys who dropped. Hopped on as they passed and stayed with them to the turnaround. 

I went to use the restroom. When I got back, one of my better friends in that group had already left. I grabbed a monster cookie from the SAG and took off myself. Rode 17 until the group caught me again. Stayed with them until we turned East. 

5 if the last 8 miles were on some dirty shoulder with a cross breeze. The group fractured. Caught my friend with about 4 miles to go.

Free pizza buffet after then off to a local brewery for a drink with some friends who just did the 40. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

35 Miles with the missus on the roadie.  Hot and smokey so we stayed along the coast for cooler temps and clean air.  Except it was a freaking mad house.  We rode about 5 miles along a busy strand and had to go slow due to numerous people but thats fine, rather get knocked off my bike by a bikini clad cutie than creamed by a SUV.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

After helping out at the Ore to Shore mtb race, went to camp. Picked blueberries, rode an easy out and back on the skinny, and picked more berries. Just ate supper while waiting for hot water heater to warm up some shower water. Will clean up, close up camp, and head home. Good day even though it's stupid hot outside!!

Screenshot_2018-08-11-18-52-47.thumb.png.ce6111478a0bb7ae2e06cf32aa0b2bff.png

• Heart 3