Just ordered

Square Wheels

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I have a Bosch at the cottage.  Haven't used it yet.  

WiFi on a dishwasher?  

Have you asked the maid or butler how it works?

Would be a nice feature to have to allow you to check up on the staff remotely when at one of your other properties

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Would be a nice feature to have to allow you to check up on the staff remotely when at one of your other properties

No.  The previous owner took his maid and chef with him.  I can't afford such luxuries although I may offer the positions to Cheese and RG as interns. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

WiFi on a dishwasher?  

Yeah, it would have been a cute gimmick that we would have used once or twice.  You could also do updates to the programs on the dishwasher with it, and diagnose problems.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I feel bad that ours are now washing the dishes by hand.  They make a racket, I may have to fire them.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Wilbur said:

No.  The previous owner took his maid and chef with him.  I can't afford such luxuries although I may offer the positions to Cheese and RG as interns. 

You were born too late.  In Ye Olden Dayes, the serfs were tied to the land and stayed even if the Lord of the Manor changed.   You should have demanded the serfs stayed when you bought Cottage Castle

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You were born too late.  In Ye Olden Dayes, the serfs were tied to the land and stayed even if the Lord of the Manor changed.   You should have demanded the serfs stayed when you bought Cottage Castle

They were Mericuns and travelled with him to his various houses.  Gypsy serfs!

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

This would explain why Wilbur has a woodie at the cottage.

I have a lot of wood at the cottage.  The previous owner left the construction and maintenance records behind.  He paid just north of 100K last year to seal the outdoor woodwork.  In a few years, you and wade can come to a work party in Canada. 

GNAx8A2sQASoFHa3CdxpkA.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Envious 2

23 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

If I could weld together two garbage cans and a push broom and chrome them I'd be rich.

Look Maxx.  The artist charged the guy just over 10k for his "Jute mural".  I wouldn't pay 10 cents for it and we are contemplating taking it down.  Obviously, there are people who will pay.  

15 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Look Maxx.  The artist charged the guy just over 10k for his "Jute mural".  I wouldn't pay 10 cents for it and we are contemplating taking it down.  Obviously, there are people who will pay.  

True.  I've often had to shake my head at what people will buy for "art"

I'm amazed at the lack of variety in today's brick and mortar stores.  I think they get excellent deals from manufacturers if they keep certain competition off the shelves. As a result, there are a lot of relatively big ticket items I've gotten at Amazon.

I wanted to buy a 1 bushel steaming pot for crabs that was simply aluminum and would fit under the hood on my kitchen gas range. In the Baltimore area, you'd think I'd have my choice of many.  But they were mostly ceramic clad and $85 or more and mostly too wide.  I got an aluminum one with extra slots for canning for $35 from Amazon.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Bosch SHPM78W52N 800 Series 24" Built In Fully Integrated Dishwasher with 6 Wash Cycles, in White

Went to Best Buy, tried to buy from brick and mortar.  None in stock.  Went to Lowes, still nothing.  Best Buy said it would be 3 - 4 weeks.  Went Amazon for 1 - 2 weeks.

For local, you know Home Depot carries them also with free delivery. For me, looks like delivery schedule is a week out, but pick up in store any day.  Also, check true mom-n-pop appliance stores as Bosch is quite popular and most carry. I know my go-to, Southeast Steel, does.

A few minutes ago, I ordered a pound of green tea, $38. Couple days ago, I got a tube of goo  for the wife that her Doc suggested, it was $80. Yesterday I ordered a box of cans of tuna. Whole Foods stopped selling that type of tuna, which was irritating.

We've got to  be closing in on 2K for the year, we'll definitely get there by the end of year. Which is kind of freaky. I stopped being able to find Szeged paprika locally. It's worth the coin.

Funny how we've gone from stores to malls to online to Amazon.

When I bought my last dishwasher at Lowe’s, a young girl asked if she could help me find anything. I told her I found what I was looking for I just need her to get someone to get it down for me. It was on the third rack of appliances probably ten feet up. She said: “I’ll get that down for you”. She grabbed one of those step ladders on wheels and climbed up and grabbed it and carried it down the ladder. I told her I was impressed. She said they don’t weigh anything. That dishwasher has outlasted every other dishwasher I’ve owned.

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

That dishwasher has outlasted every other dishwasher I’ve owned.

We've had this one for about 12 years.  It might be repairable, I'm not going to bother.  From what I've read they last 6 to 12 years.  So I spend $50 repairing it now only to have it die in a week or a year.  Or maybe it costs me $100.  A lot easier to just replace it.

Now I need to dispose of this one.  I'll likely just cut it up and recycle what I can and put the rest in the trash barrel.  We have large barrels that the truck scoops up.

• Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

We've had this one for about 12 years.  

Vs a 12 year old dishwasher, this one will be whisper quiet. That is the reason they have a little light that projects onto the floor to let you know it is running. Cycles may be a little slower. Plus, Bosch, in keeping with European standard, doesn't have a heating element for drying. May not be quite as dry, but uses the heat from the wash water for drying...so don't open late cycle and let the hot air out.

• Heart 1