I'm done

Square Wheels

The chiropractor and I have a running conflict. He is a very ordered and precise person. Every session starts with the question, "On a scale of 1 to 10, where would you place you your current pain levels?" I almost always say, "Less than one." When I describe my list of symptoms and impressions for each visit, I'll also express any pain or discomfort I had in the time between visits. I frequently refer to various degrees of "discomfort". He says those statements express a certain level of pain. I say there is a difference between "discomfort" and "pain". Pain comes with physiological reactions but "discomfort" is an indication of misalignment without the physiological reactions of pain. I think he acknowledges this but still needs to stick with his routine questions. 

I think he just doesn't see me in a way, at least not what I am involved with. He said at one point that as far as he was concerned I could return to work. I think he let out a little wee when he found out what I do on the heavy equipment and all the other demanding activities I have been involved with. Then he gives me the "Well, we all get old and can't do what we used to do speech." Jesus man, how about paying a little attention here. Then you put the athletics of riding the bike into the mix and he ends up being just a mechanic. That's okay, as long as I know where he's at, that's all that matters. I doubt he will ever understand the condition I show up to his office in. It's weird, too, because his competitors are all advertising to serve athletes.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I want that shirt, and that body.

...I have that shirt, but it's printed better. Mine doesn't need to be wet for you to read it.

I also have a body, but I can't give it to you, because I'm still using it. Sorry.  I don't think @Dong is using his right now. You should ask him.