When one zip tie is not enough

Dirtyhip

49 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I use one (and usually only one) color coordinated zip tie on most of my bikes where the brake cables cross.  It's an affectation, because they don't really need it.:blush:

Have you seen these things? Snap on and they swivel.

31QMmMXdFCL.jpg

They are the cat's meow. 

10Pcs-lot-Bike-S-style-Clips-Buck-Holes-Brake-Gear-Cable-Housing-Hose-Guides-Black-Green.jpg_640x640.jpg

• Heart 2

53 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

The owner of the bike is a tad off.  He put those on there to hold the brake cable.  You don't need them at all.  He put them there, because he said he doesn't like things moving around.   I think he is a special person.  I explained that they were not needed and that the cable already is stable enough.  He told me I was wrong.  

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Meet ROPOS, a deep see ROV where my son was doing a co-op for his mech engineering degree. ROPOS operates all over the world in the 4000-5000 metre range. It was used for some footage used on "The Blue Planet" series. It is hard core ocean exploration.   I think half its weight is zip ties(look closely at all the cableing. 

IMG_20171106_105703.jpg

Yup.  Zeph is the most interesting member on this forum!!!!!  It is amazing what you do.

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Meet ROPOS, a deep see ROV where my son was doing a co-op for his mech engineering degree. ROPOS operates all over the world in the 4000-5000 metre range. It was used for some footage used on "The Blue Planet" series. It is hard core ocean exploration.   I think half its weight is zip ties(look closely at all the cableing. 

IMG_20171106_105703.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have seen that thing in documentary films. It looks a lot bigger in a room than it does in the ocean.

Is that your son standing next to it ?

11 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...oooooohhh.:wub:

Okay then. Here's what I have bookmarked on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1R4K91?pf_rd_p=d1f45e03-8b73-4c9a-9beb-4819111bef9a&pf_rd_r=NW89W06JK80VZ057VEKW

If you don't mind waiting, you can get a bunch much cheaper off e-bay from China.

The Jag Wire Brand is priced very high by comparison.

I discovered the product because it is included in a Serfas brand of brake cable + housing replacement kit. The LBS just got the product in when I was looking for new cables. The guy was listing all the components included in the package and said cable housing clip. I said, I don't need no stinkin' cable clip.

giphy.gif

• Awesome 1

11 hours ago, Further said:

Is that your son standing next to it ?

Yes.  He did an 8 month co-op with them and would like to work there when he finishes next year.  I got to stop in for a tour.  ROPOS had just returned from Antarctica.  (He didn't get to go with it)

11 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yup.  Zeph is the most interesting member on this forum!!!!!  It is amazing what you do.

Not me..., I am living vicariously through my too smart kid.

• Heart 2