Blackkklansman

Tizeye

It sounds like an interesting movie..based on some reviews read on story plot.

On a more comic note, will be seeing "Crazy Rich Asians"..movie that features all Asian descent actors and actresses speaking in English.  (Radical thought eh?)   It's supposed to be glamorous in a slightly spoofy way... It's a big deal among Asian descent across North America....'cause we're so tired of not being featured on big name Hollywood TV series and big dollar $$$$$ movies. Not just kung fu movies and other Asian stereotypes on screen.

I guess I'll pretend it's like watching "Dallas" (which I didn't enjoy watching) but less serious and clever satire.

No I haven't seen Fresh off the Boat.  We watch "Kim's Convenience".....a national comedy-series centred around a Korean-Canadian family in Toronto.  It has good run and strong fan base. 

13 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Spike Lee is a crazy man.

Can't argue with that.

But in this case was somewhat tamed. Presenting as historical, almost documentary but not true to the actual storyline. Some of the supporting characters and events didn't exist but made good story while keeping the theme going. Also,  subtle (blatant) references to politics today with the mindthink back then that would never happen. One news show that cracked Spike Lee up was when he heard prior to film release that David Duke expressed concern of how he was portrayed. It was probably as fair as could be, presenting the philosophy of the character (obviously) while at the same time expressing Duke's view of non-violence...not shared by those below him who instigated the violence independent of Duke's leadership.

Perhaps most enjoyable was the audience. Sitting next to us was a black couple about our age, and their interaction was priceless.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Sitting next to us was a black couple about our age, and their interaction was priceless.

Spike Lee speaks to his core audience, to be sure. I do respect his work. I forget which of his movies I watched on TV in the last couple of weeks. The reviews were almost all in agreement that the movie was overlong. I watched it with that criticism in mind. What I found was that he filled the long spaces with impression and commentary. I think that's the activist part of him.