Pie

Parsnip Totin Jack

They look wonderful.

Personally I think any schmo with a mixer who can read a recipe can make a really good cake.  But a really good pie is elusive - working with a crust requires skill and finesse.  If you can make a really good pie I salute you.  (I have had mixed results - actually I haven't tried in a while now)

9 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

They look wonderful.

Personally I think any schmo with a mixer who can read a recipe can make a really good cake.  But a really good pie is elusive - working with a crust requires skill and finesse.  If you can make a really good pie I salute you.  (I have had mixed results - actually I haven't tried in a while now)

Check your local library or bookstore for "Art of the Pie" by Kate McDermott   https://artofthepie.com/

It's what got me inspired to plunge my hands back into flour, fat, and fruit. It's not that hard and the silicone mat makes rolling and clean up easy.

2 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Sunday, lazy Sunday. I made pie. Two actually, these are about half the size of regular pies. Blueberry and Peach because Wo7 prefers peach and Old#7 prefers blueberry. Double crust recipe divided into quarters and rolled out. Came out very well if I says so myself.

IMG_3329.JPG

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3331.JPG

I dig that rolling pin!  Nice wood work on it.  Oh and the pies look good too...

• Heart 1