School started this morning for one of the boys

jsharr

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It's still summer for Chis-sake!

Yeah School starts early in some areas.  LA Unified starts tomorrow.  My son is at a Local JC now but his district was on more traditional schedule and started the 2nd week of Sept but went through mid June.  

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I believe that @Parr8hed's young'uns are on the year round school deal and have been back for several weeks.

The other son's school is on year round.  They take an early summer break, go for a month in the middle of the summer, then take a late summer break that ends this week.  They go back on Monday of next week.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

My FAVORITE day of the year is the first day of school for kids.  Followed by the second, then the third, and repeated until the little felons are let loose again at the end of Spring.

Tom

Do you stand just inside your open screen door and wave your cane at them while screaming "STAY OUT OF MY YARD!"?

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Do you stand just inside your open screen door and wave your cane at them while screaming "STAY OUT OF MY YARD!"?

...I can't speak for him, but I yell insults and laugh at them from a strategically placed bench in my front yard as they pass on their way to prison  school in the morning.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

My FAVORITE day of the year is the first day of school for kids.  Followed by the second, then the third, and repeated until the little felons are let loose again at the end of Spring.

Tom

The traffic on my commute is definitely less during the summer, but I still love the signs of school starting again, because it means (or at least it used to mean) autumn is on the way!!!

Also, I am a softy.  Yesterday, I told him to ask his mom to take him to school on the first day, but apparently she had meetings at her school, so I took him to get kolaches and a coffee and then drove him to school.   He got some sort of iced frappacino thing.   

29 minutes ago, Kirby said:

The traffic on my commute is definitely less during the summer, but I still love the signs of school starting again, because it means (or at least it used to mean) autumn is on the way!!!

I was going to say the same.  Back to school means a heavier morning commute but my commute is much more reasonable now so a few extra minutes is no biggie.