Guess what I made this weekend.

a bunch of numbers

Just now, 2Far said:

Yeah, my thought was a pre-collector for the main wood shop dust collection system. 

I knew it was either one of those DIY coolers or a DIY dust collector.  I guessed wrong the first time.

I love hooking the shop vac up to my tools to keep them clean, some even have a plug that will power up the shop vac when the tool is turned on, but I dislike the noise of the shop vac added to the noise of the tool itself.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I knew it was either one of those DIY coolers or a DIY dust collector.  I guessed wrong the first time.

I love hooking the shop vac up to my tools to keep them clean, some even have a plug that will power up the shop vac when the tool is turned on, but I dislike the noise of the shop vac added to the noise of the tool itself.

The main reason I did this is to use with my plainer.  That thing throws wood chips everywhere.  And it's already loud.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Rick5234 said:

The main reason I did this is to use with my plainer.  That thing throws wood chips everywhere.  And it's already loud.

I use one with the router table when the scouts are making pinewood derby cars.  We do not let the scouts use the router, but the adults will router a pocket into the bottom of the car to hold weights if they want.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I use one with the router table when the scouts are making pinewood derby cars.  We do not let the scouts use the router, but the adults will router a pocket into the bottom of the car to hold weights if they want.

jeeze... back in my day I had to use a wood chisel and hammer.  and i liked it...

• Heart 2

I had kind of a unique table saw back in the late 90s-naughts. It had a lot of internet support, all kinds of jigs & modifications. A lot of the guys, who were way more capable than me, had some kind of a pre-filter to catch all the big stuff before it got to their DC systems

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

I was Cubmaster when my kid was a cub scout. There was some kind of activity, soldering or hot glue or some such. Any way the kids were bored with it, we were in my shop, I had a welder.... So some cub scouts got to try arc welding....

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1