Maybe I am just car cursed

jsharr

Went to pick up the plates for the Chrysler from the dealership on Saturday.  When I was there, I asked about the missing drivers front floor mat.  The receptionist called parts, and they did not have it.  Told her who my salesman was ( who I could see standing with the sales manager) and I told her.

Finally, the sales manager came over and told me that not only could they not find the floor mat, they could not even find that it had been ordered.  This coming from the guy that the salesman said would be placing the order.

I left with the understanding that they will be ordering a complete set of WeatherTech mats for the car in lieu of getting the one missing floor mat from Chrysler.  

Now to see how they respond when I request they clean the carpet on the drivers side due to driving it for over a month with no floor mat once the mats come in.

BTW, the salesman is so butt hurt from me telling him he dropped the ball on the delivery of my vehicle and the follow up visits to get the wax residue removed that he will not return my calls or texts and would not make eye contact with me.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

BTW, the salesman is so butt hurt from me telling him he dropped the ball on the delivery of my vehicle and the follow up visits to get the wax residue removed that he will not return my calls or texts and would not make eye contact with me.  

Butt hurt?  No I think that's more a long the lines of he knows you just bought a car and likely to buy another one right away, so you are now a waste of time for him.

Car salesmen mainly care about one thing and he got your signature, so he's on to the next one.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Butt hurt?  No I think that's more a long the lines of he knows you just bought a car and likely to buy another one right away, so you are now a waste of time for him.

Car salesmen mainly care about one thing and he got your signature, so he's on to the next one.

Will be interesting to see how they like my online reviews they have been asking me to write.  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Will be interesting to see how they like my online reviews they have been asking me to write.  

Probably about as well as the place I bought my Mazda 3 liked mine, of course I provided pictures documenting all the damage they induced on it.

Of course they did ask me to bring it in and they would fix everything, to which I laughed at them as I had already fixed everything and told them I wasn't about to let them touch anything I own again.

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

What a rip, they even put those suckers in the +100,000 mile beaters I used to buy. I always felt like throwing them out before I left the lot.

The paper mats  were in for the test drive I believe.  All the carpeted and embroidered mats were in the trunk.  They showed them to me pre purchase and said they put them in at make ready.

It was dark and rainy the night I picked it up and I did not notice the missing mat until the next morning.

He has no reason to order the mats as he already sold you the car. 

Find a car on the lot with similar carpet.  Have Mrs. Sharr take it out for a test drive.  While out, meet her in a shopping center or something and get the mats out of the trunk and put them in your car.  She can then return the car and go home.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

...did you do a close up visual inspection to make certain they actually removed the wax in the trim cracks ?

If you look real close, I bet you'll see they spray painted over it in a matching color.  As a bicycle restoration person, I know all these tricks. :)

I once sold a used bike to some guy six years ago, and he's still waiting for the driver's side floor mat I promised him.:ph34r:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, jsharr said:

The paper mats  were in for the test drive I believe.  All the carpeted and embroidered mats were in the trunk.  They showed them to me pre purchase and said they put them in at make ready.

It was dark and rainy the night I picked it up and I did not notice the missing mat until the next morning.

SnoopyDarkStormy.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1