Rough day in Europe.

Wilbur

I found the subject bridge in Genoa, on Google Earth.  It's almost a 3/4 mile long viaduct.  The video I saw online has some footage of a support tower collapsing (I believe it is the one pictured). Awful.

image.thumb.png.6640dfe1a417ecfe8041065a5a362de0.png

(Does anyone else do this?  When I hear news of some transportation disaster I try to find it on GE)

• Heart 1

58 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I found the subject bridge in Genoa, on Google Earth.  It's almost a 3/4 mile long viaduct.  The video I saw online has some footage of a support tower collapsing (I believe it is the one pictured). Awful.

(Does anyone else do this?  When I hear news of some transportation disaster I try to find it on GE)

guilty as charged.  

3 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

I pay attention if it is somewhere I know.  I have driven over and under it many times.  Sad day. 

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Brings to mind our bridge collapse a few years back. :(

I thought of that, yes.

Remember how, when that happened, everyone talked about the need to prioritize the maintenance and upgrade of our aging infrastructure?

Then I think one of the Kardashians did something, so America stopped talking about it.

:( indeed.

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

I thought of that, yes.

Remember how, when that happened, everyone talked about the need to prioritize the maintenance and upgrade of our aging infrastructure?

Then I think one of the Kardashians did something, so America stopped talking about it.

:( indeed.

They are not talking about it in Pennsylvania, instead they are rebuilding or replacing every bridge everywhere. That’s part of why we have the highest gasoline tax in the USA. We have detours on our detours. By the time we get to the third one it’s hard to remember where we were going in the first place.

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, Dottles said:

Never been to Genoa but not keeping your bridges safe is crap. Ask Minnesota and countless others were bridge failures will/are routine. Didn't hear about London but I say if it was a terrorist attack, kill that sucker. 

I write to complain about your avatar which in no way resembles the real you....dear me no.

In reality, I know that you have fine open features....some would say a tad coarse and others may use words such as gross and the like....but in no way have you a beady-eyed, mean-looking phiz as depicted. Now you feel better.....right?

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

I write to complain about your avatar which in no way resembles the real you....dear me no.

In reality, I know that you have fine open features....some would say a tad coarse and others may use words such as gross and the like....but in no way have you a beady-eyed, mean-looking phiz as depicted. Now you feel better.....right?

How long has it been since you have seen your ophthalmologist?  And your psychiatrist?

Just now, jsharr said:

I am sure he knows what he looks like both in the real world and in his own sick, twisted inner reality.

I'm sorry Sir....but you are a scoundrel to say such things about this fine fellow....oh yes.

The man is of impeccable character and while it's true he may be lacking in the looks department... who are we to cast aspersions......I mean it's insensitive....true but insensitive.?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1