Death Wish 2018

AirwickWithCheese

Bruce Willis did a solid job but Charles Bronson was the best. More vigilante killing of the scumbags would have been nice. 

Elizabeth Shue is a beautiful woman. I hate Chicago. I didn't see any automats in the movie. 

Without giving away the ending, I'll just say the last person who dies on screen should have been slowly dismembered while still alive in front of his Mom. 

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

This thread is officially closed now. I am sad. This house would have completed me.     :(

....I thought that about the house we bought up in the foothills, on 5 acres of Ponderosa pine and incense cedar, some of which appeared to be 100 years old. I put in a lot of garden landscaping with some very interesting plants and old roses behind chain link where the deer could not eat them, and it already had a couple of apple trees.  And a very nice (seasonal) stream flowed through one side of the property.  It had a driveway at least a quarter mile long, and it was a paved driveway (rare up there).  Huge basement for workshop space, and a ginormous metal outbuilding the size of an airplane hanger.

It turned out to be too much work.  It was fun while it lasted, but my feeling now is that buying that enormous olde house to fix up and restore the garden is a bad idea if you are getting on toward retirement age.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

....I thought that about the house we bought up in the foothills, on 5 acres of Ponderosa pine and incense cedar, some of which appeared to be 100 years old. I put in a lot of garden landscaping with some very interesting plants and old roses behind chain link where the deer could not eat them, and it already had a couple of apple trees.  And a very nice (seasonal) stream flowed through one side of the property.  It had a driveway at least a quarter mile long, and it was a paved driveway (rare up there).  Huge basement for workshop space, and a ginormous metal outbuilding the size of an airplane hanger.

It turned out to be too much work.  It was fun while it lasted, but my feeling now is that buying that enormous olde house to fix up and restore the garden is a bad idea if you are getting on toward retirement age.

It's probably going to end up in smoke anyway.

48 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It's probably going to end up in smoke anyway.

...might already have happened two years ago.  They had a big fire in that area that went right up along the canyon of the Mokelumne, and the house was in an area along the periphery.  I haven't had the courage to drive up there and see if it's still standing.  I met the current owner about four or five years back. With that long driveway and all those trees, it wasn't the most defensible space.

Would have thought this thread was about the recent Darwin Award winning cyclists:

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Young-couple-trying-to-prove-human-kindness-among-cyclists-killed-by-ISIS-565055

Young couple trying to prove human kindness killed by ISIS

“Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own."

4 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Would have thought this thread was about the recent Darwin Award winning cyclists:

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Young-couple-trying-to-prove-human-kindness-among-cyclists-killed-by-ISIS-565055

Young couple trying to prove human kindness killed by ISIS

“Evil is a make-believe concept we’ve invented to deal with the complexities of fellow humans holding values and beliefs and perspectives different than our own."

"And they were mostly right...    ....who were killed in late July when a car intentionally plowed into them on a rural road in the mountains of Tajikistan. After the crash, the attackers also stabbed their victims,"

The bad guys only have to be successful once.