Sraracha sauce is king

Dottleshead

19 minutes ago, Dottles said:

My wife just threw together a 100% vegetable concoction that was terrific.  The secret??  Top it off with Sriracha sauce.  Brilliant.

Ok, I love Louisiana Hot Sauce, it has great flavor and just the right amount of spice.

Why do I need Sriracha?  Everybody would be going nutcase for ketchup now, if ketchup just registered with Canadians, Trump voters, and other assorted n'er do wells instead of sriracha.

31 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

Never heard of it. I just heard though of Mole Sauce, and I want to make some; I was relieved to notice there are no small rodents in the recipe, just as there are none in the lemming sauce I make for desserts.

I think the mole sauce in authentic Mexican restaurants is made with real moles. :dontknow:

17 hours ago, Dottles said:

My wife just threw together a 100% vegetable concoction that was terrific.  Indian Cauliflower fried rice.  The secret??  Top it off with Sriracha sauce.  Brilliant.

How hot is it? My experience has been mildly hot when it's in prepared frozen food, snacks, etc. which works for me because even medium salsa is too hot for me. All of a sudden it seems everything has a sriracha version: breakfast bowls, Carolina Nuts Sriracha Ranch Peanuts (excellent!), etc.  The peanuts are just $2.68/12 oz. at Food Lion Supermarkets but $5.65 from the company's website and $9.99 on Amazon.

cn-sriracharanch-12.jpg.13e18a73889dc13d2ba208ab8859f11c.jpg

• Heart 1

A fresh bottle of Sriracha is to be dealt with care.  The spice level is my ideal temperature but I'm not too big of snob when it comes to these things.  I am a firm believer that hot sauce should accentuate the flavor of the food and not just be about the heat.  I just really like the flavor of Srirachi sauces.