I'm back

Square Wheels

Darn Verizon.  I really do hate them.  My home connection cannot reach this site.  I can't (no time) view from work.  So I was blocked from visiting.  I just set my phone up (which has terrible service at my house (also Verizon)) as a hotspot so I can get in.

Verizon will have it fixed maybe tomorrow.

I hate Verizon.  Worse customer service ever.

I keep a landline because my mobile coverage isn't reliable enough for work related calls, and my landline was out for over a week.  Just got service back yesterday.  They told me they were sure the problem was the lines in my house (they had run tests and confirmed this), so I'd have to be home for the service guy.  When the service guy came he said it was clearly the lines outside and he couldn't fix those, but he'd send someone else in a few days.  So not only was I without a line for over a week, they also made me waste a day staying home for no reason.

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Welcome.  A few things changed around here.  Kazabooboo stepped up his game and you have been demoted.  Probably a good exercise at this time to ensure your privileges are still working.

@Kzoo is good people, I trust him.

1 minute ago, late said:

I get the feeling that when the rest of the world starts deploying a superfast internet, we'll be back at soup cans and strings.

Technology is great, until it doesn't work.

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

I keep a landline because my mobile coverage isn't reliable enough for work related calls, and my landline was out for over a week.  Just got service back yesterday.  They told me they were sure the problem was the lines in my house (they had run tests and confirmed this), so I'd have to be home for the service guy.  When the service guy came he said it was clearly the lines outside and he couldn't fix those, but he'd send someone else in a few days.  So not only was I without a line for over a week, they also made me waste a day staying home for no reason.

I don't have a landline but I do have VOIP.  If my internet goes down, I lose phone too.

26 minutes ago, Kirby said:

One never wastes a day staying at home.  They are to be cherished.

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I assumed that would be the first comment, glad @AirwickWithCheese is still alive (for now) to take people's crap.

Sorry I could not have been here sooner to meet the "you were gone" quota.
Also AWWC cant doe.. I have not gotten my jug of sweet tea from him yet!  

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Kirby said:

Not a landline, but cable provided Internet. When switching from Spectrum to Xfinity/Comcast, the install guy may have been a supervisor doing field work based on phone conversations, but learned several things. As usual, there are the "inside" install team - which he was, hooking up equipment, and the outside linemen who do the dirty work with limited overlap. First thing I learned (and not a problem for me) is that they no longer crawl up in attics to create/alter home wiring distribution systems. I would have to contract with an electrician or DIY if such was required. While typically assuring signal at the endpoint connection (TV, Modem, etc) the outside line from the distribution box to my home needed to be replaced. He did replace that (Yeah!!!) but it was the outside crew's responsibility to bury it (noted approx. 2-3" deep on prior lines) and they would come out and bury it within a week. After lifting/repositioning to mow for several weeks, I buried it myself.

13 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

@Square Wheels you really are missed when you're gone. Not to the level of greatness like a @Road Runner but along the lines of say a @Pokey

No one is as valuable as @Road Runner.  His absence has not gone unnoticed.  I hope he's well.  He is missed.  So is @Pokey, and @Thaddeus Kosciuszko, we used to have this really odd guy (I think he was a peeping Tom, obsessed about windows and his neighbor) @AirwickWithCheese, he was OK too.

34 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Dunno. I'm still waiting for Comcast to install internet in my apartment in Walterboro. 50 months and counting. 

Well, looks like they got me back online early.  Wasn't supposed to get service until tonight.

What makes me mad dealing with them, you can chat, you can't call.  I tried the wait time was advertised as over 30 minutes.  The chat people respond really slow and then with stupid comments like "Hi Square Wheels, How are you today!".  This, after you already typed your issue.  Then you need to wait a minute or two more before the next useless response.  I asked for a discount on my bill due to the multi-day outage.  No problem, I'll transfer this chat.  The person they transferred me to could only sell me more stuff, not offer discounts.  I needed to call for that.

19 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

No one is as valuable as @Road Runner.  His absence has not gone unnoticed.  I hope he's well.  He is missed.  So is @Pokey, and @Thaddeus Kosciuszko, we used to have this really odd guy (I think he was a peeping Tom, obsessed about windows and his neighbor) @AirwickWithCheese, he was OK too.

Well, looks like they got me back online early.  Wasn't supposed to get service until tonight.

What makes me mad dealing with them, you can chat, you can't call.  I tried the wait time was advertised as over 30 minutes.  The chat people respond really slow and then with stupid comments like "Hi Square Wheels, How are you today!".  This, after you already typed your issue.  Then you need to wait a minute or two more before the next useless response.  I asked for a discount on my bill due to the multi-day outage.  No problem, I'll transfer this chat.  The person they transferred me to could only sell me more stuff, not offer discounts.  I needed to call for that.

I call and I believe that they have an auto call back feature so you can do other things while waiting.

Ha! This reminds me. Back when the gummint broke up Ma Bell and all the little companies were trying to gain a foothold, we went with MCI and then Sprint for a while.

The MCI bill was incomprehensible 3 phone lines, all of which were on different billing cycles.

Sprint was better until they lost a payment. New bill arrives showing we're late and the phone rings about the same time telling us we're late. Wo2 say we paid it. Sprint says no, but if you did, show us the cancelled check. Wo2 says OK, don't have my checks back from the bank yet, they say OK, we won't do anything for a month. A coupla weeks later bank statement arrives with cancelled check from Sprint, Wo2 sends off a copy (might have been a fax). Anyhow, Sprint has already turned over to collections. Collection company has Dallas phone, no toll free, line. They say they can't send it back to Sprint, because we have proof it was paid to Sprint. Sprint says they can't clear it because it's been turned over to collections. IIRC, it took about 6 months to clear up. We went back to ATT.

23 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Ha! This reminds me. Back when the gummint broke up Ma Bell and all the little companies were trying to gain a foothold, we went with MCI and then Sprint for a while.

The MCI bill was incomprehensible 3 phone lines, all of which were on different billing cycles.

Sprint was better until they lost a payment. New bill arrives showing we're late and the phone rings about the same time telling us we're late. Wo2 say we paid it. Sprint says no, but if you did, show us the cancelled check. Wo2 says OK, don't have my checks back from the bank yet, they say OK, we won't do anything for a month. A coupla weeks later bank statement arrives with cancelled check from Sprint, Wo2 sends off a copy (might have been a fax). Anyhow, Sprint has already turned over to collections. Collection company has Dallas phone, no toll free, line. They say they can't send it back to Sprint, because we have proof it was paid to Sprint. Sprint says they can't clear it because it's been turned over to collections. IIRC, it took about 6 months to clear up. We went back to ATT.

We are still getting bills from Frontier for my sister in law who died in 2015.  We send them back marked "dead".  We have spoken to their service reps.  We have sent them a copy of the death certificate.  Womaxx ceased being her legal conservator at the moment of her death and cannot pay the final bill that arrived after she died.  Frontier wouldn't deal with probate court and there was no estate to pay from anyway as she was destitute.  Frontier always says they will take care of it, but they always revert in a month or two.

Not a good recommendation for doing business with them.  I'm waiting for them to send a collection agency after womaxx so I can sue them in small claims court.