Weekend plans the middle of August?

petitepedal

Working late tonight at a woodsmens/logging trade show. Saturday I need to do some brush mowing and get a ride in. Sunday I’m back at the show til 1 pm. Then a ride and maybe to the lake for dinner and a swim.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

What a depressing thread title :(  Middle of August???? Already??? Where has the summer gone???

Tom

I'm in can't wait mode. Love September and October, with football, my Hurricane Chasing vacation, change of season, and artificial pumpkin spice wafting through the mall.

The thunderstorms are so unpredictable here - the predicted PM ones often beginning in the morning - that going for an hour's walk on a trail is tricky but I hope to get one in with my brother's dog Jake this weekend.  Otherwise, housecleaning is the goal until the temperatures drop.

1294191164_Weather8_17_18to8_21_18.JPG.608fbe4eeb5cb3d6b2fc1408d9124664.JPG

1221688173_20180414_170556cropped500p.jpg.410b52b585ed9fed0e16c271c188e74c.jpg

20180414_170524cropped+ 500p.jpg

• Heart 4

Before my wife has knee replacement surgery in September, she has two requests. One is a beach trip. The other was something she read in last Sunday's paper. While both of our father's are deceased, during WWII they both entered and were discharged from service at Camp Blanding. While it is semi-deactivated, now serving the National Guard, they opened a Camp Blanding Museum that she wants to go to. An easy 2 hour drive each way, mainly non-Interstate, and visit family on the way back.

• Heart 2

A trip to Habitat for Humanity Restore in the morning to drop some stuff off, pick up some shingles on the way back to start roofing my shed, hopefully a bike ride in the afternoon, serve in kids ministry at church in the evening.  Sunday is church in the a.m., more roofing and another bike ride in the afternoon then prep for the work week ahead in the evening.

• Heart 1

Had some big T-storms overnight. This morning is foggy and a light drizzle. Already fixed the wheel on my bike, checked on a couple tree stands down in the woods, moved some wood and a few odd chores. Waiting for WoZack to get ready to go to town for groceries and an oil change on the truck. Hoping the weather Clears by the time we get back.

16 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Tomorrow is the MT Washington hill climb.  I am NOT doing it, but we took the time off and planned a vaca for it anyhow.  Sitting in our suite now.

Our plans for today are pretty rough.  Just finished breakfast, sitting here on the internet.  Heading out to town to get my wife a book to read.  Get massages later today. Dinner with friends tonight.  Lots of nothing.

I was going to go out for a run this morning, but it was pouring out.  I felt bad for the hill climbers, that was the time they needed to be dropped off.  There is a huge tent, but 600+ people with bikes take up a lot of room under a tent.  It seems nice out now, but once you're soaked you're soaked.  I hope the ride doesn't stink too much for them, it's already hard enough.  I'm happy I skipped it this year.  We'll see about next year.

Chilling drinking coffee with Jack.  No real plans this weekend, just usual chores & ride.

I think it's interesting how some mourn the end of summer and others embrace it as they look forward to fall.  I guess we really don't get hung up on the seasons as we do what we do year round with little change in the weather.  I am looking forward to the start of football season though and being a huge Lakers looking forward to the new look  Lakers.

On 8/17/2018 at 9:08 AM, BR46 said:

Working Saturday. 

Sunday I will be building a motor for the sidecar. 

Change of plans. 

Some of the parts won't be here till Monday.

I'm going to go to Road America with the race bike and get some practice laps in on the small track. A buddy of mine and his wife are racing their cars on the big track.

I'll be working with Zane tomorrow morning. I'll ask him how his vacation went but I don't suppose he will tell me. I finished off the repair on my wife's front fork, it took some grinding with a die grinder to get the motorized hub to fit properly. I asked her what she hit and she said a post. I can't believe she didn't get hurt. I was looking at a BSO (bicycle shaped object) in Stuff-Mart today and if my wife's Trek had drop outs like that it would have made a much easier repair. Heck I wouldn't even have to repair it, the whole BSO was $15 less than I had to pay the weld shop to fix her bike.

On to day #3.  Friday drove up, hung around. Ate.  Yesterday, we didn't leave the room until 6pm.  We had breakfast and lunch in our room, massages in the afternoon, read a lot watched a movie, then dinner with friends.  Today, so far went on a quick run, just ate, hanging out.  Probably go on a hike, then look at RVs, then back to the room.

I'm pretty good at doing nothing.  When can I retire?

We head home tomorrow, but not after a morning of not doing much.