Are you going to consider me 'officially' old . . .

sheep_herder

76 always reminds me of the bicentennial when I was a kid.  All the build up to celebrate the 200th birthday of America on the 4th of July that year.  It was also my last year in Oklahoma and my last year of being a kid, not a teen ager.

So, no, I will not think of you as old, I will think of you as extra patriotic.

My dad said, "I thought 60 was old until I turned 60.  Then I thought 90 was old until I turned 90."  When he was 90 he was in better health and more active than may 60 yos.  He died from complications of a hip fracture at the age of 95.  

You are hardly old at 76, just experienced.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

My dad said, "I thought 60 was old until I turned 60.  Then I thought 90 was old until I turned 90."  When he was 90 he was in better health and more active than may 60 yos.  He died from complications of a hip fracture at the age of 95.  

You are hardly old at 76, just experienced.

I was hoping you could say he passed in bed with two hookers.

• Haha 1

Thanks for all your kind words.  I feel a bit older tonight after working most of the afternoon placing a tarp on a hay stack.  I think the high temperature was 95F, and thus I stopped several times to hydrate.  I think that I used about 5 sweat bands, having to wring the last one out twice before I finished.  Now it will probably not rain tomorrow, and everybody will blame me.?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

14 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Thanks for all your kind words.  I feel a bit older tonight after working most of the afternoon placing a tarp on a hay stack.  I think the high temperature was 95F, and thus I stopped several times to hydrate.  I think that I used about 5 sweat bands, having to wring the last one out twice before I finished.  Now it will probably not rain tomorrow, and everybody will blame me.?

If you want it to rain go out and cut 150 acres of hay. Years ago it used to be 15 acres but with modern equipment inflation has hit the rain market too.

index.jpg.b4ad70cd1563b2f230e501c757577cc7.jpg