Oldest clothing you still wear....

petitepedal

Once upon a time....a long time ago...I bought 2 pairs of Columbia shorts..quick dry...1 pair is still in pretty good shape..not worn quite as much as the other...BUT...I am still wearing both of them..the one that is a tad bit worn...stretched a bit more :whistle: so they went well with my up and down weight...but if I replaced the elastic in the waistband of the more worn shorts...they would be as good as new...they wear like iron.... They are at least 20 years old.

What do you have?

• Heart 1

I still wear t-shirts I have had since 1998.. two are from the REM tour in Ohio, and some other sorts I picked up around that time from a place in Kent Ohio.

My jeans are are roughly 19 years old, and are finally getting some holes in them. 

I figure if they still can be worn, then why get new cloths.

My suit is nearly 30 years old. I guessed lucky on style. Keep the tie and shoes somewhat contemporary and it still looks good. Fits well since I got fit again. 

My leather coat is 15 years old. Got it at an end of winter clearance from an upscale store. Leather has worn well and still soft as butter! Many people have threatened to steal it from me!

Do hats count?

Bought this at a Red Sox game in 1976 at Fenway at my first MLB game.  I wore it for every exam through high school and University and for each of the Red Sox World Series winning games all three years.  If you asked anyone in my family about "The Sacred", they would know it was in reference to this hat.image.thumb.jpeg.5b79e69f66b6944ac6666baefa4f0429.jpeg

If hats don't count, I have a Discovery Channel / Eco-Challenge Fleece I won while watching an Eco-Challenge in 1997.  It is my hiking camping go-to and still in great shape.

• Heart 3

I have some tee shirts in a box from the 1980's through 00's for Jaycess softball, 10K runs, marathons, coaching varsity sports, and other sports stuff that I keep dreaming will fit again some day!

I was the P.A. announcer for my nephew Ryan's 12-13 year-old rec-league football team in 2014 and the hooded pullover jacket with the "Severna Park Green Hornets" logo is probably the oldest jacket I wear now though I still have the blue flannel shirt I wore for the championship game at the Annapolis High football stadium.  Ryan, appropriately wearing No. 99, won the "J.J. Watt Award."

219207176_1.Mike-Mickey-JudyAnnapPressbox300p.JPG.91a9a59a0578a413d2881e77c55a7d77.JPG1468781436_2.ViewoutPressBoxWindow300p.JPG.67f01858a249d9c829e7efa30c0fe86b.JPG805776761_Ryan8_30.14tacklingBucswinning36-0atSunsetPark-CROPPED.jpg.9787948147099f368e59e650bac28e41.jpg

Ryan & Trophy.JPG

Cycling socks from maybe 2003.  Lots of winter stuff from before that like a 80s era knit cap and some mid-weight gloves from the early 90s.

Most stuff has long since been donated.  I do have a pile of old t-shirts waiting for my Mom to quilt into a blanket or something.

Tom

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I do have a pile of old t-shirts waiting for my Mom to quilt into a blanket or something.

Tom

?  Seriously what emblems are on those t-shirts...for a  memento piece?  Dearie tells me not to give anymore t-shirts, of which many are cycling themed.  He has too many. I have the feeling he can't fit the first ever t-shirt I gave over 2 decades ago. I do treasure for him 2 t-shirts I gave:  1 from Hawaii  and another from the CAnadian Far Arctic.

My weight has fluctuated over the years so most of the clothes that fit me now are fairly new.  I do have a leather jacket that is 25 years old I wear every now & again.  I have some Army PT gear from 1984 but I don't wear them.  I do have a pullover sweatshirt that fits me again from 1985.

And I forgot my hiking boots.  I have a pair of leather Merrell hiking boots I got in 1988 that I still hike in (I am the not-thin one).  I have feet like a duck, 10 1/2 but EEE size with very low arch.  It took me a year and a half to find these.  The soles are gone and the leather is so worn now they cannot be re-soled.  I am trying to find a new pair but as of yet, no luck.  I love these boots.

jared.jpg

12 hours ago, shootingstar said:

?  Seriously what emblems are on those t-shirts...for a  memento piece?  Dearie tells me not to give anymore t-shirts, of which many are cycling themed.  He has too many. I have the feeling he can't fit the first ever t-shirt I gave over 2 decades ago. I do treasure for him 2 t-shirts I gave:  1 from Hawaii  and another from the CAnadian Far Arctic.

Exactly - all those random t-shirts you collect can be cut out and used as squares in a quilt.  There are online services that do it as well.

A simple example:

The Original Blanquiltâ¢

Tom

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I still have a button down shirt and a wool jacket that I bought at Lord and Taylor with graduation gift money in 1983.

The title is "Oldest clothing you still wear....".  Do you actually still wear those things???? 

I remember 1983. I remember the clothing worn in 1983. 

Tom

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

The title is "Oldest clothing you still wear....".  Do you actually still wear those things???? 

Tom

Yes.  Both items are sort of winter only wear, as they are made of heavy, durable, high quality material.  The shirt is almost like a canvas/denim camp style shirt, but it is green in color, not blue or khaki.

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

Yeah my post was kinda the same... I just remembered with my weight loss I started wearing a jersey I bought in the early 90's.  That's probably the oldest item I've recently worn.