She asked if I was a triathlete

shootingstar

?  ..I was walking out of workplace bldg. today with my bike pannier and dressed for cycling.  Walking towards bike cage.

Another new employee asked me the above question. I think she wanted to just talk fitness...  I complimented her that she looked great....and she did...'cause she was a triathlete before she got injured. Then she volunteered info. about her major injuries...….

I said no to triathlete question. This is what I do tell people at work when they see me in my cycling gear and ask:  I tell them where I live which is not far from work. But also I tell them I have biked to work and get around the city 'cause we don't have a car. I go shopping sometimes after work.  I do tell people I lived and biked in Toronto and Vancouver...without having a car.  My work colleagues know this skeletal piece of info. about me....eventually....because they ask me where I live in relation to my commute. I also told this to woman.

The point is....I only look "better" 'cause I choose active transportation often and long-term.  

At my dermatologist "all over" inspection a couple of years ago, as I was standing there in my underwear, she asked "Are you a triathlete?".  Monday I was at the 'Y' and this lady looked at me and asked if I was a "power forward".  I never have been either but I took both of those questions as compliments.   ?

• Awesome 1

Nobody asks me those questions but I mostly wear event shirts all the time. My oncologist saw my 2018 triathlon shirt and she asked: “Are you still doing those?” I asked her if that was ok for me keep doing that kind of stuff and she told me not to keel over. That wasn’t really a yes or no but at least she didn’t say not to.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Past tense "was" a triathlete. Just say yes to impress as you don't have to be a triathlete now. Then come up with some sob story of why had to cut back and not in competitive form now.

I sorta felt sorry for her...she still looked fine body-wise.  Yes, you're right....she's probably a type AAAAAAA person who places her self-respect a lot on physical fitness as top priority.  She had lost her job due to oil industry cuts and took a year to find another one.   She was polite and gracious.  We shooks hands in mutual respect, before parting....yes, women can be like this outside of work.