The Story of My Disappointing Morning

Kirby

I had an early morning doctor's appointment today.  Even though it's only a checkup, it made me apprehensive.  I left extra early because the office is near a school and sometimes there are delays due to school buses or summer campers.  There was a lot of traffic on the highway, so I was glad I left early.  I got there well before my appointment which made me feel very organized.  While I was there, someone came in without an appointment but saying very loudly that she had an emergency.  This made the office people very flustered.  Eventually the nurse came out and took the woman into the office, so the waiting room didn't hear any more about the drama.  This was very anti-climactic for everyone in the waiting room.

My checkup was uneventful which made me feel relieved.  After my appointment, I stopped at a bagel store near the doctor's office.  When I have to go to the doctor's office, I like to treat myself to an indulgent breakfast after the appointment.  Looking forward to my bagel is the best part of the doctor's visit.  I ordered a blizzard bagel toasted and cream cheese and was filled with anticipation and excitement.

I got to the office to find a good parking space open up just as I got there which made me feel very lucky.  I came into the office and sat down to enjoy my tasty bagel treat, only to find out they had left off the cream cheese and coated the bagel in some greasy thing they called butter.  I tried a bagel quarter and it was a big disappointment.  It made me feel sad and a little queasy.  I threw out the rest of my bagel and started my work day.

The End.

• Awesome 1
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I had an early morning doctor's appointment today.  Even though it's only a checkup, it made me apprehensive.  I left extra early because the office is near a school and sometimes there are delays due to school buses or summer campers.  There was a lot of traffic on the highway, so I was glad I left early.  I got there well before my appointment which made me feel very organized.  While I was there, someone came in without an appointment but saying very loudly that she had an emergency.  This made the office people very flustered.  Eventually the nurse came out and took the woman into the office, so the waiting room didn't hear any more about the drama.  This was very anti-climactic for everyone in the waiting room.

My checkup was uneventful which made me feel relieved.  After my appointment, I stopped at a bagel store near the doctor's office.  When I have to go to the doctor's office, I like to treat myself to an indulgent breakfast after the appointment.  Looking forward to my bagel is the best part of the doctor's visit.  I ordered a blizzard bagel toasted and cream cheese and was filled with anticipation and excitement.

I got to the office to find a good parking space open up just as I got there which made me feel very lucky.  I came into the office and sat down to enjoy my tasty bagel treat, only to find out they had left off the cream cheese and coated the bagel in some greasy thing they called butter.  I tried a bagel quarter and it was a big disappointment.  It made me feel sad and a little queasy.  I threw out the rest of my bagel and started my work day.

The End.

Hi Kirbster,

As much as I wish I could say 'I feel your pain, I can't. I didn't have a Dr. Appt. this morning, and my pumpernickel bagel had no dearth of cream cheese.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, BuffJim said:

Hi Kirbster,

As much as I wish I could say 'I feel your pain, I can't. I didn't have a Dr. Appt. this morning, and my pumpernickel bagel had no dearth of cream cheese.

What the hell are you doing in a prolapsed rectum and bagel thread when Hawaii is about to be wiped off the face of the earth by a hurricane or typhoon or whatever?  sheesh.  You are almost as bad at being DeathJim as @Kzoo is at rating parodies.  Sorry to have to tell you that.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

NOMINATED!!!!  I seriously just laughed out loud on that one and narrowly missed spraying my monitor with coffee!!!! 

So did I but I refused to comment back to SlackerJim cause it might distract him from the impending doom in the Pacific.  Oh. wait, my bad.  SlackerJim doesn't seem to care about the lives of those facing this death storm.

• Whatever 1

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

So did I but I refused to comment back to SlackerJim cause it might distract him from the impending doom in the Pacific.  Oh. wait, my bad.  SlackerJim doesn't seem to care about the lives of those facing this death storm.

The way I see it, DeathJim is laughing in the face of death, from the safety of upstate NY.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

The way I see it, DeathJim is laughing in the face of death, from the safety of upstate NY.

SlackerJim isn't really in 'upstate' NY.  He's in Buffalo which is just down the shore from Cleveland.  Please don't confuse Buffalo with the real 'upstate' NY.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I went to the doctor again today, and this time my bagel was just perfect.  If my morning is disappointing, it won't be the fault of the bagel shop this time.  Plus, since it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the doctor's office gave out nifty notebooks with all sorts of inspiring messages written on them.   Definitely an upgrade from my last visit.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I went to the doctor again today, and this time my bagel was just perfect.  If my morning is disappointing, it won't be the fault of the bagel shop this time.  Plus, since it's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the doctor's office gave out nifty notebooks with all sorts of inspiring messages written on them.   Definitely an upgrade from my last visit.

So how did you feel about the direction your thread was hijacked? What do you expect from a bunch of junior high boys?

i wore out the haha smiley on this thread.