My favorite television growing up.

maddmaxx

Yes, the satire of "FFT" is one of the things I fondly remember from that show.  Despite the primitive animation the writing was very clever and the puns truly horrible, from the university "Wossamotta U" to the mountain "Whynchataka Peak".

I don't see Rocky & Bullwinkle shows anywhere on the TV listings... I should try to find some of them.  Hopefully I would enjoy it as much as I remember.

Young jsharr - Looney Tunes / Gilligans Island

Not as young jsharr Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Goodies, The Young Ones, Saturday Night Live

Fat old jsharr -  fake documentaries like Deadliest Catch, Bering Sea Gold, Gold Rush, Velocity Channel,  foosball and car racing

3 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

Yes, the satire of "FFT" is one of the things I fondly remember from that show.  Despite the primitive animation the writing was very clever and the puns truly horrible, from the university "Wossamotta U" to the mountain "Whynchataka Peak".

I don't see Rocky & Bullwinkle shows anywhere on the TV listings... I should try to find some of them.  Hopefully I would enjoy it as much as I remember.

I wouldn't call it primitive animation: most of today's cartoons have lips alone moving when a character speaks and the characters are designed so they have hair frozen in place, eyes that are dots, etc.  The animation artists back then drew frame-by-frame pictures instead simplifying with minimal computerized stuff where most of each frame can be reused.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Maxi, they had TV when you were a little snapper?  Huh?

Yea, black and white and for part of the day there was this funky pattern on the screen but no station.  We got 3 VHF and 1 UHF and even that required a rotor on the antenna on the roof.  We were high end.  Some of the neighbors still had round screens.

I have pics of us having a round screen but I don't remember it.  Rabbit ears and aluminum foil....

We had 1 VHF and 1 UHF station in Erie during my early years and then an additional UHF station was added.  At night we could pick up a VHF station from Hamilton, Ontario.  I remember watching Hockey Night in Canada with DadoKzoo from time to time.

Until the second UHF station came on the scene the lone VHF station was both NBC and ABC.  They showed shows from each.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

All I remember was Commando Cody, Sky King and Penny, the Dallas Cowboys and the Bay Area Bombers...............and on a really good day the Kilgore College Rangerettes, who at my age seemed even better than Penny.

I Love Lucy was the Seinfeld back then, and The The Stooges along with other 30s and 40s stuff was on.  Who's the Funnyman is a particularly old one that I remember.

When I was around 2 years-old, according to my late mother, I often demanded to watch Howdy Doody no matter what time of day or night. I guess I anticipated VHS recorders! So that was my first favorite TV show. I still remember the words to the "It's Howdy Doody time!" theme song.

Later, it was a barrage of Westerns that flooded TV in the 50's and 60's.  Around age 5 or so my father and I, when one of us would say something dumb, would say to each other, "Ah, Pancho!" "Ah Cisco!" - which were the final words on each episode of The Cisco Kid. So I guess I can claim The Cisco Kid as my first favorite Western.  When the George Lopez Show was on TV in the early 2000's and it was called the FIRST Latin American centered TV show, I wondered why they forgot about The Cisco Kid.

Later still, the Mickey Mouse Club was a must-watch, especially when Annette Funicello started growing boobs. Later on, she thankfully donned those almost-bikinis in those Beach Party, Beach Blanket Bingo, etc. movies and cavorted with Frankie Avalon.

As far as cartoons went, Rocky and Bullwinkle were among my favorites, but I really liked the Flintstones best as I was growing up.

beachblanketbingo.jpg.674680f0018fadaa013adc3b6fc4723c.jpg