A Turning Point?

Razors Edge

I now see WAY more Teslas than I do Corvettes or many other "exclusive" or "niche" cars.  While Tesla is hardly out of the woods, it is pretty insane to think that a totally "new" car company has arisen in the past decade.  Sure, companies like Hyundai and Kia have gone from nothing to massive, but that's because they spawned from a huge Korean chaebol. And brands have been created within larger companies (Saturn!, Lexus, Infiniti), but Tesla is more unique and reminiscent of the rise of car manufacturers at the beginning of the last century. Or, they are DeLorean :D

Tom

49 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I don’t think the government has poured as many millions into Corvettes to get them started and they never subsidized their purchase.

They didn't subsidize mine.  On the other hand I probably wouldn't want it back at this point other than as something to sell.  It was a 62, an almost exact replica of the "Route 66" corvette.

• Heart 1

Well, we have a Tesla outlet right around the corner, so my view may be skewed. I see a lot of Teslas, on the weekend I see a lot of weekend cars. Came out of the little Italian restaurant last weekend & there was a Bentley, Jag-F, Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo and a Silverado (mine) at the valet.

I hope Tesla survives, I've believed in electric cars since '73-74 and begging for more gas on the NJ turnpike so me & PO3 Williams could get back to our base.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, 2Far said:

I hope Tesla survives, I've believed in electric cars since '73-74 and begging for more gas on the NJ turnpike so me & PO3 Williams could get back to our base.

Me too, I like the idea of it, the cars look nice, and everyone agrees that the performance is as described.  Musk is a character, as well, so the world is way more interesting with him making waves than without.  I like that he took a big swing, we'll see if it connects.

There is a Tesla showroom /place in downtown Vancouver. Vancouver condo building will have a few extra electric charging stations in underground parkade.  I couldn't figure out...if the cost of electricity will be added to common costs..

I haven't clued to figure out what Tesla cars even look like to even recognize one on the road.  Probably not in city where I am...since everyone is so oil-gas industry focused.