I'm honored yet sad. An N+2 story

Rattlecan

Great story..but sad as well. Enjoy the bikes!

Ian is doing a little of the same...at least getting ready to off load more of the road bikes...He fell again on his last cycling adventure..Same ride that he fell on last year..Both accidents were off the bike..last year he tumbled into a fire pit (not active) and this year it was a hole or dip from where a tree was removed...his vision (what he has) doesn't allow depth perception... Both times racked up the same knee...He feels his riding days are limited.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

I just received a call from my friend's SO telling me that he passed away a short time ago. He had been seriously declining the last while, and was bed ridden in hospital for the last several weeks.

I last visited him last Friday, and he was struggling to get two words out between breaths.

RIP my friend. I will ride the heck out of these bikes that you so generously gave to me in your memory.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Sad 7

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

I just received a call from my friend's SO telling me that he passed away a short time ago. He had been seriously declining the last while, and was bed ridden in hospital for the last several weeks.

I last visited him last Friday, and he was struggling to get two words out between breaths.

RIP my friend. I will ride the heck out of these bikes that you so generously gave to me in your memory.

You know what is really great is that he knows you will really ride and enjoy the bikes that were his.   I think so many times that when you give something away, the worst part is when you wonder if that something will get used at all.  He sounds like he was a cool guy, sorry to hear that he passed.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1