Does anyone remember laughter?

Prophet Zacharia

5 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

Are you saying that was cold?  You're probably right.  I'm sorry, Mr. President.

No. I’m not saying that. I recall the quote but not the context, to be honest. I was a pre-teen when Carter was in the White House, so I don’t remember much of his Presidency, other than the recession and gas lines. I think he is a good man, but wasn’t well equipped for the demands of the office. I sometimes think we’d be better with those types of leaders, despite their flaws.

• Heart 2

I remember an interview with a White House butler or some such who had served every president from Johnston to W.  When asked which first family behind closed doors was the most like the image they portrayed to the public, his answer was the Carters (followed by Bush Sr)

6 minutes ago, 12string said:

Carter was a FAR better ex-president than president.  Since we survived his first job and he did so much good at the second, a net win.

He’s also the cheapest ex-president we’ve had to support. Lives in the same home he owned before becoming President

What seems to have complicated his Presidency was his need to read EVErYThING about any decision he was asked to make. Paralysis by analysis, to a degree.