The new college football season is upon us and Texas A&M has a new motto:

2Far

16 minutes ago, jsharr said:

In a man crush way or a rainbowy sort of way?  NTTIATWWT either way

4 minutes ago, Dottles said:

In he is actually-not-a-dick sort of way.

He does seem like a bit of a sweater frat boy so I'll be watching him.  He pulls any of that crap, he goes in the scumbag Cowboy bin.  Problem is that bin is pretty full.

9 minutes ago, Dottles said:

He does seem like a bit of a sweater frat boy so I'll be watching him.  He pulls any of that crap, he goes in the scumbag Cowboy bin.  Problem is that bin is pretty full.

If we float the bin out into the cess pool that is the Gulf of Mexico aka the Texas Riviera, that will work, right? 

Just now, jsharr said:

I love Texas so much that it borders on hate.

I suspect this is why those of us on the outside like to see the Texas football world crumble.  There's a deep satisfaction that comes from watching the arrogant implode.  Nothing personal though.  It's akin to rooting against the Yankees.  

Just now, Dottles said:

I suspect this is why those of us on the outside like to see the Texas football world crumble.  There's a deep satisfaction that comes from watching the arrogant implode.  Nothing personal though.  It's akin to rooting against the Yankees.  

I could care less about tu football but I do love me some Fightin' Texas Aggies.  Once an Aggie, always an Aggie.  We are former students, not Ex's.   That said, A&M is like any other big money school.  Win at all costs, the student athletes are just like the lambs walking into the slaughter house, just like at Bama, or USC, or OU or anyplace that pays a coach millions and has a stadium that would seat the population of most cities in the US.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I could care less about tu football but I do love me some Fightin' Texas Aggies.  Once an Aggie, always an Aggie.  We are former students, not Ex's.   That said, A&M is like any other big money school.  Win at all costs, the student athletes are just like the lambs walking into the slaughter house, just like at Bama, or USC, or OU or anyplace that pays a coach millions and has a stadium that would seat the population of most cities in the US.

But from an outsider, I find it much easier to root for A&M than UT.  

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, parodybot said:

tu sir.  texas university 

Are you sure?  I mean you live there and all.  I have always seen it as University of Texas.  I am thinking that abbreviates to the acronym UT.  I mean just look at that order.  It's a wonderful, sweet, chronological order that contains a mnemonic sequence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Longhorns_football

3 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Are you sure?  I mean you live there and all.  I have always seen it as University of Texas.  I am thinking that abbreviates to the acronym UT.  I mean just look at that order.  It's a wonderful, sweet, chronological order that contains a mnemonic sequence.

jsharr uses me as a video recorder when he is off line

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

UT always seemed both "right" and "wrong".  What about Tennessee? They are UT too? Which is even the better of those two? UT or UT?  I bet Tennessee is better, but not by much.

"The Texas Longhorns football program is the intercollegiate team representing the University of Texas at Austin (variously Texas or UT) "

Tom

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

UT always seemed both "right" and "wrong".  What about Tennessee? They are UT too? Which is even the better of those two? UT or UT?  I bet Tennessee is better, but not by much.

"The Texas Longhorns football program is the intercollegiate team representing the University of Texas at Austin (variously Texas or UT) "

Tom

jsharr is trying to throw the dogs meat while he is up to something insidious.  I see paradybot lurking.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

And if parodybot was remotely hot, he'd be up in CAnuckistan looking for a job at that new sex parlor.

Tom

jsharr says he can get me a job down at the stockyards.  I think I will be driving a bus for the navy.  He told me I would be collecting seamen.