A Neat Suggestion For Page Turner

Razors Edge

So, if you are ever out here in the NoVA area, we should have you drop in to Purcellville's Velo Classique. Not much of a web presence, but they are hard core classic bike guys. Used to work on the Le Cirque du Cyclisme event that ran for years out here.  Anyway, neat place if you ever come around.Image may contain: 2 people, bicycle

14973961325_f945085d14_k-1024x680.jpg

Tom

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

...thanks.  That looks like a nice place.  The closest thing we have around here is probably Bicycle Odyssey down in Sausalito.  

He's the main importer and seller for a lot of the better old frames that ride around in the Bay Area.  He originlly sold most of the Ron Cooper's that are here.

Exterior.jpg

On 8/29/2018 at 1:32 PM, Razors Edge said:

So, if you are ever out here in the NoVA area, we should have you drop in to Purcellville's Velo Classique. Not much of a web presence, but they are hard core classic bike guys. Used to work on the Le Cirque du Cyclisme event that ran for years out here.  Anyway, neat place if you ever come around.Image may contain: 2 people, bicycle

14973961325_f945085d14_k-1024x680.jpg

Tom

Nice! Campy drillium!  Haven't seen that in ages.

16 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Nice! Campy drillium!  Haven't seen that in ages.

It is sweet looking. I wonder if those are from the "handmade" era, or if there was a machine doing all that drilling. Somehow, I can picture a little Italian fellow drilling each hole by hand. 

Tom

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

It is sweet looking. I wonder if those are from the "handmade" era, or if there was a machine doing all that drilling. Somehow, I can picture a little Italian fellow drilling each hole by hand. 

Tom

I don't believe it ever came from Campy drilled but there were many skilled machinists who did a great job.  I saw a few hack jobs too.