The Official 2nd Round Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread!

Nate

Didn't catch the Bruins game.....and shame on me for falling asleep at the end of the second during the Hawks/Wild. But, anyway...5 to 3 Hawks. But you all knew that already, didn't you.

all is right with the world again

funny how both eastern series ended with the underdog schlebs winning in overtime

but its all even now, both series

watch out for the Habs. The year after we won the Cup was probably our best team in the Crosby/Malkin era. In the 2nd round we lost a shocker in game 7 at home to the Habs

P.K. Subban is I punkass POS.

Like I said before, that little bitch needs to be taken care of. I hope no one has to miss a game for the smack down he deserves. Hit him hard enough to inflict pain, but do it inside the rules of the game.

I thought he was very classy in his response to the DB Bruins fan's racist tweets, but his actions speak louder than words.

PK Suban is the one who skated over Jordan Stall's foot when we played them in the 2nd round. The injury in hindsight was really the last time we really had the Pens with the 3 lines that won the Cup. Jordie came back for the winter Classic, where Sid got a concussion and by the time Sid got back, we had a short playoff run, then Jordie was off to Carolina to skate with his brother Eric.

But all's right with the world today. The New York Strangers (Strangers to the Cup Finals) haven't scored a goal off Flower since last week and Sid scored the game winner last night.

The Pens look pretty scary now. This little bit of adversity in the playoffs has been good for them.

I don't think there was ever anything really wrong with Flower. Our defense hung him out to dry. the last 2 years we've been trying to integrate either Sid coming back or a slew of rental players and everybody was trying to make those fancy passes that got picked off at our blue line

I watch every single game from preseason until we're eliminated in the playoffs, and generally the media (especially the national media) make mountains out of molehills

the fact is that in hockey the best team doesn't always win a series. That's why the Stanley Cup playoffs are different than the other sports. 

In fact, the year we lifted the Cup, the Red Wings were probably the better team

Think about last night, too...the Strangers hit the post 3 times. those go in and we have an even series and people are talking about "Flower's collapse".

Goalies can steal games, pucks bounce over sticks and refs miss calls.

That's just hockey this time of year

Think about last night, too...the Strangers hit the post 3 times. those go in and we have an even series and people are talking about "Flower's collapse".

I've been saying the Pens defense is suspect for several years. They win games by scoring a ton of goals, not by stopping others from scoring.

I didn't watch last night's game, but it sorta proves my first point about NY just playing like shit.

The Bruins have been having the same type of problem. They've had Price beat many times, but couldn't lift the puck over him. Price goes low when he loses sight of the puck.

its not the Rangers. Our Pens are just winning battles, winning faceoffs, taking care of the puck and not giving them easy chances off stupid turnovers. Our PK is doing a great job, but then we were #1 on the PK in the regular season, so that's not all the Rangers either

If you can manage to get by the Habs, you'll see what I mean :P

keep talking... :P

regular season doesn't matter. You know that. If you haven't been paying attention since game 5 of the Columbus series, the Pens are a different team now than they were this season. We just shut out....shut out...a 2nd round opponent 2 nights in a row

we won last night 2-0 and DIDN'T TAKE A SHOT for 18 minutes after Jokinen scored the 2nd goal. A Pens team that is content to battle along the boards and scrub 18 minutes off the clock with a 2 goal lead???

when was the last time you saw that?

keep talking... :P

regular season doesn't matter. You know that. If you haven't been paying attention since game 5 of the Columbus series, the Pens are a different team now than they were this season. We just shut out....shut out...a 2nd round opponent 2 nights in a row

we won last night 2-0 and DIDN'T TAKE A SHOT for 18 minutes after Jokinen scored the 2nd goal. A Pens team that is content to battle along the boards and scrub 18 minutes off the clock with a 2 goal lead???

when was the last time you saw that?

I think it would be far easier to shut out the Rangers if we just played short handed the entire night.  Only issue might be goal scoring ourselves then.

now the Pens today say that they felt like they sat back too much in the 3rd, but still, I've not seen the Pens play like they had a 2 goal lead in the 3rd even when they had a 4 goal lead in the 3rd...so seeing the guys more concerned about defense is, I'm telling you, real bad news for the rest of the league

the Habs are scary. We were the way better team when they beat us in 7 games in 2010. We were in the same spot you're in now. We won game 4 and evened the series, we walloped them in game 5 at our place, then those bastards won the next 2 and the series.

In game 7, Sid got called for roughing 10 seconds into the opening period. He finishes his check off the opening faceoff in game 7, and he's in the box. The Habs converted the PP and never looked back.

Montreal is going to get all the calls, so you can't have your game plan be to plant them in the 4th row.

I figured on the Wild winning Tuesday night to make the series 1-2.  Next game will be tough.

Yup you called it there. I don't think the Hawks really showed up last night. Wild' offense had a great night...the Hawks..not so much.

Thursdays game is going to be either a complete blow-out or one hell of a match.

I got bad news for the eastern conference...the Pens are the real deal and getting better

I haven't seen them playing like this since...well, you know when :D

01stanleycup.jpg

you're only postponing the inevitable

I read an article yesterday. The Pens talked about last year and how the rental players we got at the trade deadline last year screwed up the chemistry on the team. How Iggy created factions in the locker room and not all of our core players got along with the rentals and the team didn't have an identity

They were contrasting that to this year when all our guys are together and playing for one another

I don't think you are going to get the same Pens team you beat last year

we're only 24 hours away from punching our ticket to the conference finals...how about you clam chowder eating cheap shot artists? 

All you did so far was make the Habs put away their brooms!

You're gonna get BoSox all riled up with the cheap shot comment.  I don't think we've been the ones with the cheap shots so far.  We also have a few tough guys and I think we've been very restrained in both series.  If PK isn't wise, Lucic may just kick the crap out of him.  I'm not one for violence, but PK is the one with the cheap shots and needs to be put in his place.