The Official 2nd Round Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread!

Nate

yea, aside from that goal, we look pretty good.

We get to see what Our Pens are all about now. We're only down by one shot, and to quote Bruce Boudreaux, "surely the fuck we can figure this out" :D

after watching the Bruins and Habs play, this game looks like it's being played by 12 friends. Where is the hate for the other team?

I don't think we can play like that and keep the puck out of our net

they're finishing checks, but I noticed that nobody was really getting lit up

we're getting chances, but we gave up some golden opportunities the other way. Their second goal was a good goal. I saw Flower out of position a second before it went in and I knew we were in trouble.

This is actually pretty scary. 20 miles to go and we're behind.

the thing is that I like this group of Penguins. I love our coaches, Ray Shero, everybody. I'd want to see these guys try again next year even if they don't get past tonight, but that won't happen. So this core team I've watched for the last 6 years may only have 20 more minutes together

anyway...we got SId and Geno and we're still only down one shot

I don't think we can play like that and keep the puck out of our net

they're finishing checks, but I noticed that nobody was really getting lit up

we're getting chances, but we gave up some golden opportunities the other way. Their second goal was a good goal. I saw Flower out of position a second before it went in and I knew we were in trouble.

This is actually pretty scary. 20 miles to go and we're behind.

the thing is that I like this group of Penguins. I love our coaches, Ray Shero, everybody. I'd want to see these guys try again next year even if they don't get past tonight, but that won't happen. So this core team I've watched for the last 6 years may only have 20 more minutes together

anyway...we got SId and Geno and we're still only down one shot

its not panic time, both teams are playing like it's game 1.

fuck

fuck,fuck,fuck,fuck

well..guess we'll see who is left with us again next year

third period was intense. with 5 minutes to go we were in front of their net packing the crease and trying to jam one in. thought we had a good chance

at least the Rangers didn't get an empty netter

fuck

fuck,fuck,fuck,fuck

well..guess we'll see who is left with us again next year

third period was intense. with 5 minutes to go we were in front of their net packing the crease and trying to jam one in. thought we had a good chance

at least the Rangers didn't get an empty netter

I can't believe how the Pens played tonight. They waited until there was about 5:30 left in the game to play like it mattered.

I read an article this morning. It went through some of the bad moves Ray Shero made lately. The getting rid of all the grit guys and sinking 1.5 million in waiver-ready Taylor Pyatt. I forgot that joker was even on our team

Then they went on to point out how Tanner Glass was benched for most of the series and England didn't even dress

The point was that our organization didn't support our star players. Our GM didn't get guys with grit and our coaches didn't even play the gritty guys we did have.

When I thought about it, they were right. Bosox noticed it last night. There wasn't anybody laying any heavy hits on anybody. they were playing like it was game 1

When the horn sounded, Pittsburgh's mayor tweeted that it was the end of an era

I think so. I like Dan Bylsma a lot. We have a local newscaster Dan Potash who looks like Bylsma and at 10 minutes before game time they do the "Dan and Dan" show.  I'll miss that

But Mario knows hockey and he wants to win the Cup, so the Pens will reload and we'll see what we look like next year.

I didn't see the game, but Montreal did the same thing to us in 2010.

that's the thing about hockey

sometimes the puck just bounces right to the bad guys tape and anything can happen

I didn't see the game, but Montreal did the same thing to us in 2010.

that's the thing about hockey

sometimes the puck just bounces right to the bad guys tape and anything can happen

Boston started sloppy , and played well to finish. I hate to blame the refs, but the calls were crazy.

I don't think NY has a chance against Montreal.

I hate to see my team lose like that, but at least they didn't lay down like Pittsburgh did last night.

Sad to see the Bruins lose game 7 at home but the Habaneros played a better game and got some lucky bounces.  I think NY will have a hard time against the Canucks but it should be a good series.  I do love the Stanley Cup playoffs, good hockey.  I think Montreal will prevail but I'm rooting for 'merica in this one.

when you play the Canadiens in a game 7, the calls never go your way. In our series they called Sid for roughing 10 seconds into the first period for basically, finishing a check on the face off.

Sad to see the Bruins lose game 7 at home but the Habaneros played a better game and got some lucky bounces. I think NY will have a hard time against the Canucks but it should be a good series. I do love the Stanley Cup playoffs, good hockey. I think Montreal will prevail but I'm rooting for 'merica in this one.

keep the cup away from Canada for another year.

I didn't think there were any Rangers fans here...I think I would have heard from them by now :D

and I know we have some Minnesota Wild fans around....but I don't think there are any Blackhawk fans here

so you are probably right

I was just reading a story out of Pittsburgh with a lot of hand wringing and speculation about "what's wrong" with the Pens and in the comments somebody pointed out that the Bruins lost in the 2nd round, too

I'll tell you, sometimes fans and the media just expect the world. We had the two top teams in the east fall to teams that just plain had nothing to lose and were playing with house money by the time they forced game 7

the year we won the Cup, we went 7 games with Washington in the 2nd round and had to play the game at their building. Flower stoned Ovie on a breakaway early in the game and we came right back up the ice for a goal and the Caps unraveled. I think we won 7-0

so at least neither of our teams really came apart like that.

Missed both the Hawks game on Sunday and the Rangers/Habs game this evening. Hawks took the first one...Rangers tonight? hmmm. That could be a very interesting series if that comes to pass.