Spare change

petitepedal

I have on ol jar...we used as a cookie jar when I was growing up..my mom called it a peanut butter jar..green depression glass.  Anyway, I toss in a handful of coin when my little coin purse or wallet compartment gets too full. Quarters go for laundry :skipping:

I use to roll the coin, then Wells Fargo wouldn't take rolls :wacko:..then this past year they removed all their coin counting machines..and now you must roll them again.

I rolled some this morning..till I ran out of wrappers...$42

What do you do with your spare coin?

We have a 5 gallon water container we put all our change in. It’s about 3/4 full right now. Based on the last time we emptied it I’d say there’s around 4-5 hundred in there. Not sure what we’ll do with it.

• Heart 1

Basically the only cash I carry is from the bottle returns at the supermarket.  When I remember, I take the odd coins and exchange them for dollars when I cash in the bottle return slips.

Eventually I have a few bucks in the wallet  and when I'm out I can stop by the hobby shop and get some paints or supplies.

I carry a few dollars in quarters with me on the bike. I've a zip-lock bag I stick spare coins in. Usually, I'll spend the collection down.

Recently, a guy stopped me and asked for some money. Lucky for him I had the bag with me. I told him I knew where he could get a quarter. His eyes lit up at the prospect. I said, Right over there in the gutter. He said, Oh, I can't do that. I said, Okay, but I'm going right over there and get it. And I did.

I throw the change in a coffee can. I keep the quarters for the vending machines at work. 

When the can is full of pennies, nickels and dimes I spend it on some motocycles stuff. Last time I cashed in the Change jar it had 148 dollars in it and I put the money towards a new pair of gloves. 

9 hours ago, petitepedal said:

What do you do with your spare coin?

One of two things - chuck it in the tip jar at the coffee shop or chuck it into the little change holder in the car's dash.

Your best bet is to avoid cash and change as much as humanly possible.

Tom

2 hours ago, Further said:

I save all the change for vacation money, but haven't cashed in in years. I must have 200 pounds of change, The jars from when the kids were at home are mostly pennies, but the newer ones have a lot of quarters. I should cash it in. 

Build crappers in Haiti. 

• Haha 1