nuts & bolts

bikeman564™

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

I'd like to replace my bolts on my SRAM rotors, calipers, and some other places on my fat bike. Riding thru the winter creates rusty bolts :( Anyone know of a place that sells colorful (orange specifically) bolts? I'm thinking anodized Ti or Al.

:dontknow:

I have the same darn issue with my stem bolts.  Corroded and rusty from my sweat (can't blame the winter).  I am not sure why the bolts can even rust to begin with???? Why aren't they titanium or aluminum already???

Odd.

This looks promising.

Tom

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I'd like to replace my bolts on my SRAM rotors, calipers, and some other places on my fat bike. Riding thru the winter creates rusty bolts :( Anyone know of a place that sells colorful (orange specifically) bolts? I'm thinking anodized Ti or Al.

:dontknow:

Isn't rust kind of orange already?

A friend of mine put ti bolts in his rotors to save weight. He doesn't run a front brake on his fatbike during some races. Seems like a lot of coin, but he's a pro. He just won some race in Kyrgyzstan. 

Personally, I try not to worry about it.

Image may contain: 1 person, mountain and outdoor

• Heart 1

23 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I am not sure why the bolts can even rust to begin with???? Why aren't they titanium or aluminum already???

...because aluminum bolts strip their threads easily when asked to provide any significant torque, and titanium has a high potential for seizing due to galvanic corrosion.

Why don't you just fasten everything together with zip ties and duct tape, which work fine and have little issue with either of those problems ?:huh:

• Awesome 1