RIP Burt Reynolds

BuffJim

19 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Wow... loved the Smokey & The Bandit movies when I was a kid. 

Still on my "guilty pleasures" movie list.  Not a lot of redeeming qualities, and plenty hokey 40 years later, but still pretty entertaining.

I also have never seen Deliverance, but should.

Every so often I see "The Longest Yard" on the TV listings, and I always check, and it's always the Adam Sandler remake.  Maybe one of those networks will roll the original now.

I suppose Burt and Jerry Reed can make another beer run together now.

RIP.

32 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

Still on my "guilty pleasures" movie list.  Not a lot of redeeming qualities, and plenty hokey 40 years later, but still pretty entertaining.

I also have never seen Deliverance, but should.

Every so often I see "The Longest Yard" on the TV listings, and I always check, and it's always the Adam Sandler remake.  Maybe one of those networks will roll the original now.

I suppose Burt and Jerry Reed can make another beer run together now.

RIP.

I'm sure with his passing Deliverance will be shown soon but it's a good movie, worth seeing.  Not the typical Burt Reynolds silly smash up movies that came about later on.

He had a 50 plus year career in tv and movies and it's impressive to be able to stay relevant for that long.  He had his share of good old boy and sex symbol movies, but he also had a number of more dramatic roles.

20 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I'm sure with his passing Deliverance will be shown soon but it's a good movie, worth seeing.  Not the typical Burt Reynolds silly smash up movies that came about later on.

Deliverance was a great movie, but I will always wonder if Ned Beatty got to read the entire script before hi signed on.

• Haha 1