bicyclechainsdirect.com

donkpow

I purchased a product off of e-bay from https://trailthis.com/. All was good and they sent me a coupon for https://bicyclechainsdirect.com/. Good prices with free shipping. It took me a couple of minutes to run down the validity of the 'store'. It looks like an online operation enabled and supported by Shopify. There also seems to be a direct association between BCD and Trail This as the contact info leads me to Trail This. 

Check this out for me and tell me if it is legit. TIA.

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

Check this out for me and tell me if it is legit. TIA. 

Legit? Usually these "fronts" are legit sources for Chinese mass produced stuff, so it is sort of "you get what you pay for" sort of thing. I don't think it is a scam you to get your CC info, but I would use a credit -not debit - card for that extra level of protection.  Other than that, assuming it isn't a "safety concern" (like a helmet), you'll be fine. Just don't expect true Shimano quality (maybe "Shinamo" quality :D ).

Tom

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Legit? Usually these "fronts" are legit sources for Chinese mass produced stuff, so it is sort of "you get what you pay for" sort of thing. I don't think it is a scam you to get your CC info, but I would use a credit -not debit - card for that extra level of protection.  Other than that, assuming it isn't a "safety concern" (like a helmet), you'll be fine. Just don't expect true Shimano quality (maybe "Shinamo" quality :D ).

Tom

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, not for Tom. Sorry. :dontknow:

The majority of the chains I use these days (almost all of them, in fact) are KMC 8.93 that I buy in bulk packages of 5 at a time (on Amazon) for $45. I went to your site link, and their price for KMC 8.93 is 11 bucks each...that's the "sale" price.  So color me unimpressed.  It might be a good deal if you're into the more exotic, unobtanium coated 11 speed chains.

• Heart 1