I am being bullied at work

AirwickWithCheese

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Officer Jennifer Hardknipples again?

No. This officer is mean. She curses and is mean. The sergeants and the Lieutenant are all scared of her. They assigned me to a post with her Thursday night and it was horrible. 

I will be filing a complaint with HR if they place me with her again.     :(

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I was sexually harassed by a flight attendant.  I reported her.  #me2

Unfortunately I am not being sexually harassed. She is just mean. She smokes in front of our building and I walk all the way around to the back entrance to avoid her. Pretty amazing when you think about it.   :(

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

One trick I learned as a teacher is that if there's a pain-in-the-ass student, coworker, or superior, when you notice they missed a day of work, make sure you tell them you missed them when they return.  You're almost surely the ONLY one who does it and it often has a great positive effect.

Otherwise, if it's someone just wired to be mean, then avoiding her/him as much as possible is the way to go.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Otherwise, if it's someone just wired to be mean, then avoiding her/him as much as possible is the way to go.

I try but have no control over post assignments. Thus I must file a complaint with HR to protect from being assigned duty with her. She is vile, mean, and has a hateful spirit. It's like working with colin kaepernick

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

One trick I learned as a teacher is that if there's a pain-in-the-ass student, coworker, or superior, when you notice they missed a day of work, make sure you tell them you missed them when they return.  You're almost surely the ONLY one who does it and it often has a great positive effect.

I would tend to agree with you.  It would worth....for Airwick to try this at least, that he missed her...but he has to tell her that smoke bothers him now.

I have this feeling her behaviour is a self-defense mechanism to appear tougher than necessary.  It would take a close friend of hers to make her realize it's not best behaviour on the job.  It is possible to be tough as a woman on the job without isolating a ton of people...after I reported to 2 female managers who were tough and did curse.  But they were generous and complimentary to others who genuinely would try hard and try to do good.  Does she at least show this, Airwick?

5 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I would tend to agree with you.  It would worth....for Airwick to try this at least, that he missed her...but he has to tell her that smoke bothers him now.

I have this feeling her behaviour is a self-defense mechanism to appear tougher than necessary.  It would take a close friend of hers to make her realize it's not best behaviour on the job.  It is possible to be tough as a woman on the job without isolating a ton of people...after I reported to 2 female managers who were tough and did curse.  But they were generous and complimentary to others who genuinely would try hard and try to do good.  Does she at least show this, Airwick?

I have SisCheese. She was very kind to me when I lost Philly Cheese so I have spent the last 3 years defending her and trying to be her friend. She is bipolar and out of control. Administration and operations allowed her to get to this point and when I tried to help her Thursday night she threatened me. 

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I have SisCheese. She was very kind to me when I lost Philly Cheese so I have spent the last 3 years defending her and trying to be her friend. She is bipolar and out of control. Administration and operations allowed her to get to this point and when I tried to help her Thursday night she threatened me. 

If you report her to HR, then you might ask HR to ask how you should behave after she is spoken to by HR.  

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

If you report her to HR, then you might ask HR to ask how you should behave after she is spoken to by HR.  

I no longer want to be involved. I tried to help and intervene when others wouldn't. Now I just want to be away from her insanity. I could care less about HR-s recommendations, just want documentation on her behavior so I can insist on not working with her. 

• Heart 2

13 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

No. This officer is mean. She curses and is mean. The sergeants and the Lieutenant are all scared of her. They assigned me to a post with her Thursday night and it was horrible. 

I will be filing a complaint with HR if they place me with her again.     :(

Penalize her a gane.   She will throw a  tantrum and quit

• Heart 2

...I would be careful how you go about this. When I worked for fire, there were several instances of "he said, she said" type disputes.  IN every situation, HR sided with the girls, because they were desperate to make their diversity numbers for women, and men could basically be replaced like Kleenex.  So before you file a complaint, I'd advise having some witness at least to any threats or other behavior you think is worth reporting.

Honest, I'm not making this up.  The HR people are just gonna see "Woman, man................hmmmm, which one is easier for me to replace ?" That be how those fruckers roll, mon.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...I would be careful how you go about this. When I worked for fire, there were several instances of "he said, she said" type disputes.  IN every situation, HR sided with the girls, because they were desperate to make their diversity numbers for women, and men could basically be replaced like Kleenex.  So before you file a complaint, I'd advise having some witness at least to any threats or other behavior you think is worth reporting.

Honest, I'm not making this up.  The HR people are just gonna see "Woman, man.......gsge:5th.........hmmmm, which one is easier for me to replace ?" That be how those fruckers roll, mon.

I agree. Documentation will protect and exonerate me however for when she gets committed. 

• Heart 1