Listomania - 100 Greatest Singers of All Time

Ralphie

7 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

This is way limited to mostly rock...some country..a tiny bit of "popular...and musicians popular for a certain generation....No Bing? No Sinatra?...no Pavarotti? Julie Andrews? Callas? Domingo?Caruso?  Tony Bennett? Pete Seeger? Ella Fitzgerald?

There are tons of names missing.......

Rolling Stone sucks!

• Heart 1

I didn't expect to see a serious list with names like Luciano Pavorotti, Maria Callas, or Charlote Church, but no Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, Loretta Lynn, Woody Guthrie, Hank Williams Sr., Diana Ross, Linda Ronstadt, Edith Piaf, Rosemary Clooney or Peggy Lee?  A lot of those mentioned in the list did not have the record sales, fan base, or vocal quality of those I listed and their popularity was short-lived.  Bonnie Raitt #50? It's a heartache!

Not much of a list.

My thoughts....

Don Henley should have been much higher.  I loved Van Morrison being as high as he was.  One of my all time favs.  Good nod to James Taylor.  

But how you have a list of the 100 best "singers" that includes Kurt Cobain and not George Strait is far beyond me.  

28 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Good to see Dusty Springfield in there. There's a movie coming out soon about her.

Bob Dylan as a singer? A great songwriter but not much on vocals IMHO.

Did I miss Bill Withers on the list? I thought that he'd make it.

I thought that about Dylan as well.