I really hope this is the end for Serena.

Wilbur

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Words are fun to combine with other words, especially when they are being used in jest.  Lighthearted things are fun.

I have been called a bitch on this forum many times, and not just by the chicks, but dudes, too.  I know it was with love and fun behind it., at least that is how it seemed to me.

Right....you think this is the equivalent of men repeatedly calling a famous black woman a whore?

I have a liking for light-hearted things....but the use of such language when applied to women in this way hints to me of all sorts of unpleasant things about the writer's attitude towards women in general and I find it offensive.

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Words are fun to combine with other words, especially when they are being used in jest.  Lighthearted things are fun.

I have been called a bitch on this forum many times, and not just by the chicks, but dudes, too.  I know it was with love and fun behind it., at least that is how it seemed to me.

Just jokin.  That's the same excuse my drunken asshole of a step father used when he crossed the line.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

Right....you think this is the equivalent of men repeatedly calling a famous black woman a whore?

I also called Celine Dion out, I am no racist, sir!  I am not even anti-Canadian, and I do like the syrup.  I try not to get angry when they come and take our fruit and vegetable harvesting jobs from honest American workers who now have no choice but to work on Wall Street.

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

I never said that you did but someone certainly did and these derogatory terms are now being freely tossed around on this thread. 

What is it with this forum that makes some men seem to think that their masculinity is somehow enhanced if they denigrate women by using these terms. I find it pathetic and marvel that it's allowed here even though it's masked by humour or what passes for it.

I also wonder why it's acceptable to the female forum users who show little reaction to this and that surprises me. 

Sometimes a person is just a bitch by behaviour.   Common term on this side of the pond when a person is unreasonable and belligerent. That doesn't mean all or or any others in earshot are.  It is no longer a gender based term.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Sometimes a person is just a bitch by behaviour.   Common term on this side of the pond when a person is unreasonable and belligerent. That doesn't mean all or or any others in earshot are.  It is no longer a gender based term.

Yeah, how many times to I call chicks dicks these days?  Too many to count.

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm aware of the common usage of the term boys and your male bonding over your definition of good clean fun gives me a warm feeling deep inside.

By the way, P&R would never allow the use of such terms even among the good ole' boys.

2 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

I'm aware of the common usage of the term boys and your male bonding over your definition of good clean fun gives me a warm feeling deep inside.

By the way, P&R would never allow the use of such terms even among the good ole' boys.

That is why P&R sux.  :) 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Cheese is right.  The divided lines are along the political lines with one side accepting misbehaviour and rule breaking.  Hmmm.  :) 

...from the hippie perspective, rules were made to be broken.  From the perspective  of a tennis fan, women's tennis is boooooooooooring.:)

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, onbike1939 said:

I never said that you did but someone certainly did and these derogatory terms are now being freely tossed around on this thread. 

What is it with this forum that makes some men seem to think that their masculinity is somehow enhanced if they denigrate women by using these terms. I find it pathetic and marvel that it's allowed here even though it's masked by humour or what passes for it.

I also wonder why it's acceptable to the female forum users who show little reaction to this and that surprises me. 

I just came back from cycling and grocery shopping.  Unlike Dirtyhip, I didn't call any guy bitch here in this thread. 

I think it would be the equivalent of me yelling at someone:  "chink!"....which is kinda stupid and achieves nothing.

Thx, onbike for your comments...here. It's appreciated...  Anyway, onward and forward.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

I have a liking for light-hearted things....but the use of such language when applied to women in this way hints to me of all sorts of unpleasant things about the writer's attitude towards women in general and I find it offensive.

Scratch the surface and...

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

What's with the race baiting these days, old guys?  They don't allow that on P&R either? 

This thread turned into something not so very pretty quite a while ago.  There's some crap that goes on here every now and then that is a lot less "fun" then the gang involved think it is.  Perhaps just letting this thread die would be a good idea.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

This thread turned into something not so very pretty quite a while ago.  There's some crap that goes on here every now and then that is a lot less "fun" then the gang involved think it is.  Perhaps just letting this thread die would be a good idea.

Or we could discuss the stupidity and childish behaviour of a sports star like it was intended.  

9 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Serena is a French-African tennis player with a bad sport attitude and poor fashion sense and hygiene. 

8 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Serena is a whore. 

8 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Like Celine Dion?

And she is a whore. Venus is much nicer but a horrible driver. 

Billy Jean King was also a whore. I liked Chrissy Evert, Evonne Goolagong Cawley, and sweet little Tracy Austin.   :nodhead:

7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Definitely a whore.

Didn't she get stabbed?

7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

People should get stabbed for grunting on the court.

Just a quick sample from page one of this thread.  A number of folks spoke up but not loudly enough.  Management seems to be tolerant of it however so you may be on solid ground with these.