I really hope this is the end for Serena.

Wilbur

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/health/serena-williams-birth-c-section-olympia-bn/index.html

More than just getting out of shape for the crime of giving birth.  She really has a medical condition to overcome.  That she returned to the finals of a major is quite the achievement.  

The world is full of people throwing tantrums.  Go pick on some of them.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/10/health/serena-williams-birth-c-section-olympia-bn/index.html

More than just getting out of shape for the crime of giving birth.  She really has a medical condition to overcome.  That she returned to the finals of a major is quite the achievement.  

Sorry maxx.  This is at the forefront of the news and for good reason.   If you aren't fit to play or have to use blame cards, don't play.  It ain't the rules or the enforcement, it's the player.   

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Sorry maxx.  This is at the forefront of the news and for good reason.   If you aren't fit to play or have to use blame cards, don't play.  It ain't the rules or the enforcement, it's the player.   

Did she finish second.  I submit she was fit to play.  Everyone throws tantrums and storms off every now and then.  :nodhead:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Did she finish second.  I submit she was fit to play.  Everyone throws tantrums and storms off every now and then.  :nodhead:

Actually, AWWC cited three players who never took refuge in this behaviour.  She lost the match when she lost the first set.  Primarily because she lost control of herself.  

She also totally diminished the win for her opponent.  Who was it again?  Suspend the bitch. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Billy Jean King was also a whore. I liked Chrissy Evert, ...

ESPN analyst Chris Evert said she believed Ramos could have shown more restraint.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/tennis/2018/09/08/serena-williams-coaching-warning-us-open/1242251002/

...true story: 

When I was in Navy Hospital Corps School, learning how to do emergency appendectomies in the field using a Gillette safety razor and Jack Daniels for an anesthetic,  I roomed with a rich kid from Connecticut who had played on the pro circuit for a while (because he was rich).  He said little Chrissy Evert went down for everybody on the tour. And he was not referring to her occasional losses.:)

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Actually, AWWC cited three players who never took refuge in this behaviour.  She lost the match when she lost the first set.  Primarily because she lost control of herself.  

I want a bumper sticker for the cabriolet that says, I hate Serena Williams.  

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I want a bumper sticker for the cabriolet that says, I hate Serena Williams.  

...overreacting to an overreaction does not work by cancelling out the original overreaction.  This is a basic principle of physics. :)

I bet you look absolutely smashing in a set of tennis whites, with the sweater draped loosely over your shoulders, off to meet Buffy at the club for a couple of sets of mixed doubles.:slow-dance-smiley:

Perhaps an appletini or three afterward, then a quick washup in the locker room and on to the evening's festivities.  As a former poor kid, I do so envy you. *sigh*

• Awesome 1

Just now, Page Turner said:

...people  watch women's tennis ?:huh:  I don't believe you.

The forum is up in arms over the subject. Notice it still divides along party lines which is rather odd. 

I just saw Serena the squirrel exit the woods and head toward the feeder. I think I will surprise her and bash her over the head with my 9 iron.  

No, I can't do that.   :(

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...the ghost of Arthur Ashe will come to you in a dream tonight with the answer to your question.

I hated Arthur Ashe from the moment he defeated my little Jimmy at Wimbledon. The arrogant dead but looked snazzy in white imbecile. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

She had a baby with a couple of complications, everybody has complications.  Complications taken care, then get back to training and back in shape.  It isn't like Lance beating cancer or anything, she had a kid.  

Having a kid and getting back in shape is nowhere near the accomplishment of what she initially had by previously being a dominant player.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...true story: 

When I was in Navy Hospital Corps School, learning how to do emergency appendectomies in the field using a Gillette safety razor and Jack Daniels for an anesthetic,  I roomed with a rich kid from Connecticut who had played on the pro circuit for a while (because he was rich).  He said little Chrissy Evert went down for everybody on the tour. And he was not referring to her occasional losses.:)

..and Serena's coach has admitted to signalling (coaching) her. :) 

Just now, Wilbur said:

..and Serena's coach has admitted to signalling (coaching) her. :) 

Ok, I just watched some video of the meltdown.   I have seen McEnroe be much more of a total dick.  Serena is much more intimidating, though.  She is built like a linebacker or defensive end, and was initially being very aggressive.  She then tried to play the chick card, though, that was a bit annoying.

I didn't get a chance to see the context or it all unfold, though, so I know I am missing a lot of subtlety or at least the buildup.  What did the buildup look like?  When did she break the racquet?

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Cheese is right.  The divided lines are along the political lines with one side accepting misbehaviour and rule breaking.  Hmmm.  :) 

I have for the most part stayed out of this thread as I don't follow tennis and don't really know enough to comment one way or the other.  

But the situation has seemed to have gotten you worked up which is unusual to see here.

3 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

It's distasteful to refer to a woman in this way and to call her a bitch as well.

Criticise her behaviour if you will, but to use these terms in such a way is disrespectful to women and that includes the women on this forum. 

Maybe you are missing the point of this thread?  It is likely a hanger issue (as Chris pointed out).

Tom

5 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

It's distasteful to refer to a woman in this way and to call her a bitch as well.

Criticise her behaviour if you will, but to use these terms in such a way is disrespectful to women and that includes the women on this forum.

I sure didn't call her a bitch, I just said McEnroe was a bigger dickhead.  I did correctly point out that she could make an NFL roster, even if pregnant.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Ok, I just watched some video of the meltdown.   I have seen McEnroe be much more of a total dick.  Serena is much more intimidating, though.  She is built like a linebacker or defensive end, and was initially being very aggressive.  She then tried to play the chick card, though, that was a bit annoying.

I didn't get a chance to see the context or it all unfold, though, so I know I am missing a lot of subtlety or at least the buildup.  What did the buildup look like?  When did she break the racquet?

Tennis skirts should be of a length to cover the ankles. I miss the days when tennis clubs also had croquet courts and snuff was sold in silver boxes.   

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Who called her a bitch?  I sure didn't, I just said McEnroe was a bigger dickhead.  I did correctly point out that she could make an NFL roster, even if pregnant.

I do not think she could make the Green Bay Packers but she quite possibly could start for Cleveland. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AirwickWithCheese said:

Tennis skirts should be of a length to cover the ankles. I miss the days when tennis clubs also had croquet courts and snuff was sold in silver boxes.   

I like the flouncy ruffles, with some skin exposed to make me think deep biological thoughts.  

I don't know that nude tennis would ever catch on like nude showering did.  It was a revelation not to have to shower with bulky undergarments anymore, I can see how it became popular relatively quickly.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I sure didn't call her a bitch, I just said McEnroe was a bigger dickhead.  I did correctly point out that she could make an NFL roster, even if pregnant.

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I never said that you did but someone certainly did and these derogatory terms are now being freely tossed around on this thread. 

What is it with this forum that makes some men seem to think that their masculinity is somehow enhanced if they denigrate women by using these terms. I find it pathetic and marvel that it's allowed here even though it's masked by humour or what passes for it.

I also wonder why it's acceptable to the female forum users who show little reaction to this and that surprises me. 

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

I never said that you did but someone certainly did and these derogatory terms are now being freely tossed around on this thread. 

What is it with this forum that makes some men seem to think that their masculinity is somehow enhanced if they denigrate women by using these terms. I find it pathetic and marvel that it's allowed here even though it's masked by humour or what passes for it.

I also wonder why it's acceptable to the female forum users who show little reaction to this and that surprises me. 

Words are fun to combine with other words, especially when they are being used in jest.  Lighthearted things are fun.

I have been called a bitch on this forum many times, and not just by the chicks, but dudes, too.  I know it was with love and fun behind it, at least that is how it seemed to me.

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Words are fun to combine with other words, especially when they are being used in jest.  Lighthearted things are fun.

I have been called a bitch on this forum many times, and not just by the chicks, but dudes, too.  I know it was with love and fun behind it., at least that is how it seemed to me.

I very much love you. I am buying a house tomorrow with you and RO in mind. It does not have a tennis court and you may not drink or participate in illegal substances but otherwise you are welcome. 

I will still need you to repair Mother's lawnmowers. 

• Heart 1