Short fuse

Square Wheels

Clearly we have fewer mods than are needed, plus I am not here as much as I should be.  I just read a thread that really got out of control about a tennis player.  It was used as a mask to take jabs at one another.  You know that crap isn't allowed here, so why do it?

I will continue to have little time to spend here, so when I show up to crap like that, I will simply give out warning points to any and all who deserve them.  If that gets you banned, well, you've been warned.

18 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Clearly we have fewer mods than are needed, plus I am not here as much as I should be.  I just read a thread that really got out of control about a tennis player.  It was used as a mask to take jabs at one another.  You know that crap isn't allowed here, so why do it?

I will continue to have little time to spend here, so when I show up to crap like that, I will simply give out warning points to any and all who deserve them.  If that gets you banned, well, you've been warned.

It was a few ass-munches that were trying so hard to race-bait and were looking for things to be all butt-hurt about.  Seriously, they need to chill like normal people rather than to try as hard as they could to be totally unpleasant and unfun and just suck the life out of everything.  

• Heart 1

56 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It was a few ass-munches that were trying so hard to race-bait and were looking for things to be all butt-hurt about.  Seriously, they need to chill like normal people rather than to try as hard as they could to be totally unpleasant and unfun and just suck the life out of everything.  

Enough with the name calling, seriously.

Just now, Longjohn said:

I get a lot of my Amish neighbors mail. It looks more interesting than mine. I walk it over to their box.

Will you ask them a question for me.

How does an Amish person tell if it is a romantic dinner or a regular dinner. They use candles for every meal.

I will be awaiting your answer from your neighbors.

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, KrAzY said:

How does an Amish person tell if it is a romantic dinner or a regular dinner. They use candles for every meal.

I think all their dinners are romantic. Did you ever notice how many kids they have?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Longjohn said:

I think all their dinners are romantic. Did you ever notice how many kids they have?

That's only because they want all the work to be done faster.. the more hands the easier the work. 

I did however once have dinner at an Amish farm. They are awesome, but love to bicker about stupid things..lol

1 minute ago, KrAzY said:

I did however once have dinner at an Amish farm. They are awesome, but love to bicker about stupid things..lol

The kids definately work but they have fun doing it. I always hear the sound of laughter from across the road and never any fighting. When the work is done I’ll often see the mom and dad joining the kids in the yard for some kind of game.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

The kids definately work but they have fun doing it. I always hear the sound of laughter from across the road and never any fighting. When the work is done I’ll often see the mom and dad joining the kids in the yard for some kind of game.

Well you must have the good Amish.. the ones I knew in Ohio were not as nice. 

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...it's absolutely filled to the brim with fuzzy balls.  If you like that sort of thing.

Ylva likes it.  We walk past where the tennis people play every day.  She usually finds a lost ball and walks around with it for a bit until she forgets how to hold the ball in her mouth.  

Couch

• Heart 2

...my do nephew that we sometimes attend (when his mom and dad are out of town) has an uncanny ability to find lost tennis balls.  they must have a certain smell or something, because he can be walking along, will stop and step off the trail, snork around in the underbrush for a while, and come up with a tennis ball in his mouth.  He used to be a ball addict.

11 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I didn't see your remarks regarding Serena as racist at all and my describing her as "black" hardly warrants that description. I certainly was not seeking to be butt-hurt as you so elegantly put it. What I objected to was the repeated labelling of her as a whore and bitch, which I regard as indicative of an attitude on your part towards women that I find offensive.

I make no apologies for being "unfun" or lacking in normality in some way, and your excuse that it's all a bit of good fun between the boys doesn't cut it with me. Perhaps you could find another way to be macho that doesn't involve denigrating women....try spitting and slapping your thigh a lot...might well work.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, onbike1939 said:

I didn't see your remarks regarding Serena as racist at all and my describing her as "black" hardly warrants that description. I certainly was not seeking to be butt-hurt as you so elegantly put it. What I objected to was the repeated labelling of her as a whore and bitch, which I regard as indicative of an attitude on your part towards women that I find offensive.

I make no apologies for being "unfun" or lacking in normality in some way, and your excuse that it's all a bit of good fun between the boys doesn't cut it with me. Perhaps you could find another way to be macho that doesn't involve denigrating women....try spitting and slapping your thigh a lot...might well work.

Ok, first, it was so transparently obvious that the original comments were in massive jest that one could infer the opposite if one was paying attention.  In addition, someone would have to be so otherworldly obtuse to either not see it or to see it and then ignore it, or would be using this to start up on something to bait.  

I don’t think you could find a single person who knows me, chicks included, who would consider me sexist.  

• Heart 2

26 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Ok, first, it was so transparently obvious that the original comments were in massive jest that one could infer the opposite if one was paying attention.  In addition, someone would have to be so otherworldly obtuse to either not see it or to see it and then ignore it, or would be using this to start up on something to bait.  

I don’t think you could find a single person who knows me, chicks included, who would consider me sexist.  

Agreed.  The comments were clearly sarcasm with a focus on satire. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Not funny.  Not acceptable.  Under that joke something is very wrong.

No.  I'm not buying the "just jokin" bull shit.

Calling Women ho's is not acceptable in 2018.  Stating that people should be stabbed is not acceptable anytime.  Some of you are working really hard to make a nice forum turn into a cesspool.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

Well, I wrote the first response posted to Wilbur’s Serena thread to the effect I shared his hope it was the end for her, and that she had no class at all; three hours later I was surprised to see 3 pages with 132 replies, of which lo and behold, mine own few words were not one? WTF had I said that was contentious and warranted censoring?

I’ve not read the rest of the thread though, and didn’t see the insult trading and would not have approved of it, I follow the rules here, and onbike mentioning the skin colour of Serena is most certainly not racist in any way.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Agreed.  I do know you personally and racism and derogation of women are not your thing.  Quite the opposite.  I consider you the Howard Stern of the Cafe.  You say a lot of risky stuff that challenges boundaries but it is simply for entertainment value.   Like Howard, older people don't see the humour.   You know, the ones closer to beating your wife with a stick. :) 

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Red candles for romance, white for regular.  

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Not funny.  Not acceptable.  Under that joke something is very wrong.

No.  I'm not buying the "just jokin" bull shit.

Calling Women ho's is not acceptable in 2018.  Stating that people should be stabbed is not acceptable anytime.  Some of you are working really hard to make a nice forum turn into a cesspool.

What, do you think you are the word police?  The humor police?  If you can’t get the obvious stuff, maybe sit and let it stew for a while before you react.  

The rest of us can and will use the words that we like.  If you are so uppity that you think you should try and correct the way people think or express ideas or absurdity, then perhaps you should step away from the thread and get a little perspective before you act like the appointed forum buzzkill. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Sorry.  Somebody has to tell you what's acceptable in normal society and what's not.  

I do not believe that you were joking nor do I believe that much of what you say is funny.  What you are claiming now is just a pretend that you were joking so that you can escape from the hole you put yourself in.

I'm not the world police.  I'm just advocating for common decency here.

So shut the fuck up about where I should go to avoid assholes.

I see RG as more of a Joker myself.

Related image

• Heart 1