Trainer is gonna kick my azz tonight

petitepedal

24 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Yes..but I do so much alone...it is kinda nice to check in with someone on my progress..and be pushed..LOL my couch potato friends would only tell me to slow down and not work so hard.

It may be a good motivator but as I said before, trainers, tend to all push the same program and don't bias the program enough for aging bodies.  Common issues are repeated movement injuries like tendonitis.  

More important are the gym days between trainer sessions.   I know a lot of people that only work out on trainer days.  They are the ones who end up in tensor bandages. :) 

• Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Yes..but I do so much alone...it is kinda nice to check in with someone on my progress..and be pushed..LOL my couch potato friends would only tell me to slow down and not work so hard.

Make friends with someone at the gym who feels like you do.  I have gym friends and we encourage/challenge each other.

• Heart 1

You would be best suited with a workout buddy.  You might be surprised of how many other people are looking for the same motivation.  Personal training is a super luxury.  I did enjoy it as well, but I do agree that they push their personal method agenda.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  I think that cash would be better served in an investment, and train yourself up. 

Does your gym offer Zumbo classes or anything like that?  Those can motivate and keep you on track.