So why do you think the FBI took over the New Mexico observatory?

Mr. Silly

Does the New Mexico have the best observatory in the network of U.S. observatories?  Am asking 'cause if the FBI wanted to do something with equipment.

Somehow it might of been something else...

We went to the observatory on Hawai'i Island, Mauna Kea.....very cool.  And so many stars that night without looking through their telescope.

I'm guessing they aimed the telescope at the sun, refocused it, and used it to grill hot dogs and hamburgers.

Then there's this from the article: "According to local sheriff Benny Hill, the agency has been working with local law enforcement but refuses to share any details." which I think explains a lot on its own.

11 hours ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I'm guessing they aimed the telescope at the sun, refocused it, and used it to grill hot dogs and hamburgers.

Then there's this from the article: "According to local sheriff Benny Hill, the agency has been working with local law enforcement but refuses to share any details." which I think explains a lot on its own.

"the antenna has been seen recently chasing scantily clad women around local parks accompanied by zany music" continued Sherriff Hill.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Anybody gonna update this now that it has reopened?  Is there some missing science data or logs or images from the telescope?

Tom

There was a criminal investigation going on.  FBI still will not talk about it, but they were afraid the suspect or suspects posed a danger to the staff and the remote location made it very hard to guarantee safety, so they shut it down and made them get the hell out of Dodge.  

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

There was a criminal investigation going on.  FBI still will not talk about it, but they were afraid the suspect or suspects posed a danger to the staff and the remote location made it very hard to guarantee safety, so they shut it down and made them get the hell out of Dodge.  

Aliens?

17 minutes ago, jsharr said:

So that statement clears nothing up :(

Tom