Saturday

Airehead

What is on your agenda?  Goodness of people strikes again.  Volunteers coming to help move Mr Aires share of the boxes.   Up the stairs to the pod. Down the stairs to the pod. Over And over. Then if it doesn't rain we are going to go try to shoot things. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Haircuts today is the first thing on our schedule, then off to the chiropractor. My wife is getting nervous about her radiation treatments in Pittsburgh. She is trying to figure out how to get three trips to Pittsburgh a week and still work 40 hours.  

I was told that the other people that work with Zane are all out of commission except me so I’ll have him every week for awhile until  they can get clearances on a couple new volunteers. It’s hard to tell if they get there clearance if they will be able to handle Zane. I’m still believing for a breakthrough with him.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

What is on your agenda?  Goodness of people strikes again.  Volunteers coming to help move Mr Aires share of the boxes.   Up the stairs to the pod. Down the stairs to the pod. Over And over. Then if it doesn't rain we are going to go try to shoot things. 

How is the back?  How are your issues?  Didn't you have your pelvis replaced recently, too?

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

How is the back?  How are your issues?  Didn't you have your pelvis replaced recently, too?

Back's good.

Usual issues. ?I hafta workout more and eat a little less  

Hip's fine. 

Family tree underwent a huge expansion last week. 

What's gnu with you? Did I miss the update on RO's heart?

Day off the treadmill, been pushing things a bit too fast, the legs got sore a day or two early.

Going to make a pizza casserole with a cauliflower crust. Which is an embarrassing thing to say.

If I stay awake (3 hours sleep) I'll make something keto in the oven, bread or cake.

• Heart 1

Mmm, Saturday!  Gotta load up the van with the killer weeds I sawed down yesterday and take them to the recycling center - they pick up ones smaller than 1/2" diameter, these are like *(&^%$ small trees!  I left some leaves and hit them with roundup. 

Then I gotta attack the sump pump replacement project, and hopefully get in some patio reading, a Ruby walk, and bike ride.

Thinking of trying to approximate WIlbur's Israeli breakfast dish that I can never remember the name of, but I think I can google it up.

Bam!  Shakshuka - invented by Shaquille O'Neill? :D

Hmm - all I have is a La Creuset enameled pan, and that should be oven safe.  I hope so, for my sake - I would be in big trouble if I rooned it!

https://www.themediterraneandish.com/shakshuka-recipe/

Oh, this recipe didn't use the oven anyways.  The video was excellent!  Oven would have been better though because it is taking forever for the eggz to cook.

Man, I sure wish I had me some good crusty bread to go wit' this!  Looks good!  Easy and spicy - nice.  Next time I poach eggs though I'll try the RG method - sounds like more fun. :D

Mmm , this was excellent!  The eggs complement the spiciness of the "chili" very nicely  would be good with beans in it!  Garbanzos. :)

Thanks, WIlbur!  I did make a rookie mistake though, overpoached the egg yolks in an effort to make sure the eggz were cooked.  Would have been even more excellent with runny yolks, folks!  And that is no yolk!

PS - I know I suck at photography - I can't even figure oot how to turn on the flash on my eye phone. :facepalm:  Hey, it HAD a picture of a lightning bolt on it, thought that meant it was on. :dontknow:

IMG_0953.JPG

• Heart 4

Up early doing chores. Fixed the plugged drain on the fridge so we don’t get little puddles of water on the floor anymore. Cleaned the chimney for the wood stove, now spending time with grand baby.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Wait, you made shakshuka?  I have only had it in restaurants (and loved it), and never really thought about making it at home.

Ya gotta do it!  It is super easy!  I had an opportunity of some nice diced tomato sauce in the fridge so I used that.  Just sauteed some green pepper, jalapeno, and scallions, poured the sauce on and spiced it with cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes (couldn;t find any ground coriander),simmered, and added the eggz.  You can make it on the stove top or oven.  A most excellent dish. :)

• Heart 1

I was up at 4AM...tried going back to bed...got up again...then fell asleep on the couch  :wacko: Woke up a little after 8...texted my neighbor to get the the farmers market..we have a heat advisory today :runcirclsmiley: Somehow the Brrrrr part of September is just not happening :dontknow: Got some little cukes gonna tray and make refrigerator pickles..got some baby bokchoy, and some green beans...also a butternut squash....who like me...will be waiting for a cooler day! 

From there we hit Trader Joe's...although I saw the candy corn popcorn...I did not buy any... Got a couple of items there...then we stopped for brunch at a new place...at least new to us...They called it "Eggs Benedict"  It was scrambled eggs in puff pastry with ham, sausage or bacon, topped with hollandaise ...served on sturdy paper plates with plastic ware :wacko: We will not go out of our way to find them again....

Now I am home..gotta find a recipe for those cukes and make sure I have what I need or hit the grocery store for the remaining items....

20 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Well now Saturday sucks.  I was backing the lawn tractor out of the shed and the trans wasn't working well and the drive belt broke and smoked.  I hope is was just the belt going away.

A similar thing happened to the del Sol after I was away for two weeks.  Apparently that was long enough for the alternator to sneeze up, so the belt self destructed itself trying to get it to move.

My non-bacterial post-nasal drip is slowly winding down - but very slowly.  Today I'm too tired to do much except watch college football and make a run to Wendy's for a #1 meal and chili.  But at least things are moving in the right direction:  we're not going to get hit by Florence except for a couple inches of rain, then dry weather is forecast from Wed-Sun with highs in the upper 70's to low 80's.  I hope I'm completely recovered then so I can get some yard work done - otherwise I definitely be getting a lot of fresh air.

8 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Haircuts today is the first thing on our schedule, then off to the chiropractor. My wife is getting nervous about her radiation treatments in Pittsburgh. She is trying to figure out how to get three trips to Pittsburgh a week and still work 40 hours.  

I was told that the other people that work with Zane are all out of commission except me so I’ll have him every week for awhile until  they can get clearances on a couple new volunteers. It’s hard to tell if they get there clearance if they will be able to handle Zane. I’m still believing for a breakthrough with him.

Pullin for ya.

• Awesome 1

Work today. Local Oktoberfest tonight (I know what the calendar says! Weather in Oktober is too risky for an outdoor festival). Tomorrow WoW is going to a neice's birthday party and I'm doing some photos for a friend. 

Counting down for our Miata adventure to the Southwest! Less than a week away!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Back is painless  rods doing their job  ribs still hurt and they aren't exactly in the right places  next time he is naked from the back I will snap a picture so she can see how weird they stick out  he has a ten pound lifting restriction but still tried to help Couch move things  

4 hours ago, Kirby said:

When are you moving, Aire?

Good question. House goes on the market on October 7. Today's work was to clean out closets so real estate person can take photographs. Apparently your closets need to look like no one lives in the house. 

If the house sells quickly we will have to buy a motor home or something. Our house won't be done until December.  

I cycled in a light fine rain cold drizzle, to a Italian supermarket and had large tomato spinach and ricotta cheese like lasgna.  It was light but filling. With very hot Americano coffee. They make a very hot coffee. 

During this 25 km. round trip which 80% was on a MUP through park....I only saw 4 other cyclists in total.  It was 3 degrees C.  This is what prairie is like vs. Vancouver...where there would be still enough cyclists in the cold rain (which is their winter).

Then I did more shopping on way back..

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

The pizza casserole was good. I cooked that ridiculous crust, and cut it to fit a 9x9 pan. Fried up a couple sweet Itralian sausages, threw them in. Sauteed some mushrooms, and in they went. Put  half jar of 3 cheese spaghetti sauce into a bowl, and added aleppo pepper, TJ's red pepper dip (1 tbslp), a tblsp of Szeged paprika, just a little $20 buck a pound salami finely chopped, garlic, basil (the kind that comes partly dried in those little plastic cups) and oregano. Gave that a good stir and dumped that in. If you do this, add 3/4 of the bottle, or more. Half wasn't enough. And then a couple handfuls of TJs 4 cheese shredded italian. It's easy to add too much cheese. It will taste better if you don't bury it in cheese.

The drippings from all the goodies helped with the crust, although if you're not keto, I'd suggest using a regular crust slathered in olive oil, or brush it with egg white and stick it in the oven for a minute to set the egg white. The egg white should keep the crust from getting soggy.

• Heart 2

11 hours ago, Airehead said:

Back is painless  rods doing their job  ribs still hurt and they aren't exactly in the right places  next time he is naked from the back I will snap a picture so she can see how weird they stick out  he has a ten pound lifting restriction but still tried to help Couch move things  

Good question. House goes on the market on October 7. Today's work was to clean out closets so real estate person can take photographs. Apparently your closets need to look like no one lives in the house. 

If the house sells quickly we will have to buy a motor home or something. Our house won't be done until December.  

You should get a Sprinter Van that you convert to live in, so that you can give firsthand advice to DH about doing the same.  It would be good for hauling dogs in, too.

Late to the party but I worked at the LBS. Only three sales peeps vs five we have in summer. We were slammed at times, helping three customers at once and ringing sales between breaths. A few jackwagons but mostly nice people overall. Why is it when your're really busy that people call in to see if you have the 2017 S-Works Tarmac in a 56 that was marked down $800 last June? "I bought my kids bike there three years ago and she's outgrown it, can I trade it in now?" 

"Our trade-up program is two years from purchase, so no."

"But it's in mint condition man."

No.

A cyclist shows up 15 minutes after closing. We ask what he wants cause it's the nice thing to do. He needs a pair of gloves. He needs me to find gloves, size large in red, because he forgot his glasses and can't read the signage. Ok Mr. Magoo, here they are. We had beers after he left.

I went home and made pizza for wife and I. Drank more beers and watched the latest version of True Grit.