9/15 miles and such

bikeman564™

I don't know how you do the back-back-back rides :)  I'm much happier with a day between rides, but this damn rainy weather has really thrown a wrench in that sort of predictability.  Now, it is a "ride if it ain't raining" sort of thing, and I went a whole week without a road ride (several commute rides, though).  Yesterday (9/14) was a glorious ride in a mist (not quite drizzle) at a near perfect 80* temp.  Today was a longer slower ride with a weird crosswind likely tied to the different weather fronts trying to win out in my area.

49 miles at 16.9.  Spent my warm up following about 30' behind a guy on aero bars. I didn't dare get any closer as he was one of those twitchy riders who couldn't control himself at all. Pretty scary, actually.  I didn't want him behind me, so I waited for my warm up to be over, and the first time the road went up, I passed and dropped him.  Honestly, I'd attribute a ton of the "bad cyclist" behavior out there to aero bars.  Those folks need to find a place out in the middle of nowhere to do their rides. 

IMG_6601.thumb.PNG.9e65a6f32fdd206078d9f22da0569d73.PNG

Tom

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1