Saving a cyclist life who collapsed into ditch

shootingstar

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yup, good doesn't make the news. 

Good seems to make the local news.  Rarely does it make the national news.  Around here, they seem to hit the first 10 minutes with "hard" news, then weather and sports, and then a quick feel good story.  I like the animal stories.

Tom

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Agree with the others, there are lots of good people doing good things everyday.  

Driving home from a hike on Sunday with my wife, she noticed a dog wandering on the shoulder of a mildly busy road (Seneca Rd where @Old#7 sometimes rides by). We then noticed a second dog near it, both with collars, and both clearly not supposed to be wandering the streets.  I pulled over, we got the dogs to come to us, read their collar tags, and I called the owner.  The husband came to get them and thanked us.

It didn't make the news :(

Tom

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Driving home from a hike on Sunday with my wife, she noticed a dog wandering on the shoulder of a mildly busy road (Seneca Rd where @Old#7 sometimes rides by). We then noticed a second dog near it, both with collars, and both clearly not supposed to be wandering the streets.  I pulled over, we got the dogs to come to us, read their collar tags, and I called the owner.  The husband came to get them and thanked us.

It didn't make the news :(

Tom

I'll call the network news!

• Heart 2

A Toronto June 2018 incident where bystanders rescue a blind man who fell into subway train tracks: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/broadview-station-ttc-blind-man-rescue-1.4728216

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/what-a-ttc-worker-told-a-man-on-subway-tracks-to-bring-him-back-from-brink-1.4094794  Another different rescue

Excerpt:

Over the course of those 20 minutes on the track, Attard says he could eventually see light in the face of the man on the tracks.

Moment was 'life-changing'

"I put my hands on his temples and had him repeat, 'I am strong, I am strong.'"

In an unforgettable moment, he asked others to join in. Soon, virtually everyone on the north and southbound platforms could be heard repeating the phrase in one resounding voice.

As police and paramedics arrived, Attard continued speaking to the man, whispering: "You are going to be OK, I'm going to be your mentor, I'm going to be your friend."

It was, as Green put it, an "act of compassion for a person in distress." He says it's a testament to the acts of kindness that transit employees carry out every day.