Have You Ridden A Bike This Year?

Razors Edge

RG's did you watch the GT's this year got me wondering if folks here (beyond the obvious dozen who post ride info) actually ride bikes anymore.  I could see how no longer riding might tie in to not watching either.

I wonder for how many the Cafe could just as easily be a part of SquareWheelsCarpentry or SquareWheelsGuitars?

Tom

2 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Haven't ridden any of mine 'yet' this year, but the other suggested forums do not interest me.  This and a local forum are all that I am involved with on the internet.

How about SquareWheelsCuteAnimalsAndBeautifulLandscapes.com?

Tom

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, late said:

I'm losing weight.

I plan on riding next year, and if I lose enough, I can ride my good bike, the Gunnar Sport (which is a hell of a bike).

If it was truly a "hell of a bike", you could ride it at any weight!

I imagine the Gunnar is steel, so @Page Turner will be incensed that you think it can't handle you. I know my plastic bikes could :D

Tom

55 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I ride but I don't report. I could never get into reporting my numbers. I tried it a couple of times but it just didn't fit.

You know, I was thinking about the cycling discussions we used to have on that unnamed forum. I liked them even though many were off in the weeds somewhere. 

I liked your couple cans of paint video!  :slow-dance-smiley:

Tom

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I imagine the Gunnar is steel, so @Page Turner will be incensed that you think it can't handle you. I know my plastic bikes could :D

Tom

It's not the bike.

Gunnar is the 'cheap' version of Waterford. It's a fabulous bike, changed my life.

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

... @Page Turner doesn't care one whit if you choose to debase yourself riding a plastic bicycle with Di2.:skipping:

@Page Turner 's ride was on a Boone McReynods custom tourer, with Giles Berthoud stainless steel fenders and Ruffy Tuffy tyres. 

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Yep.  Rode today.  Didn't watch the majors.  Don't count miles and post them all the time for others to be amazed by.  Don't care.

I ride for me when I feel like it where I feel like going. 

Translation: "I'm a slowpoke." :runcirclsmiley:

Tom

7 hours ago, late said:

I'm losing weight.

I plan on riding next year, and if I lose enough, I can ride my good bike, the Gunnar Sport (which is a hell of a bike).

7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

The Gunnar is a hell of a bike. And you don't have to imagine that it's steel, it is. Our LBS sells them, well, you could order one. Their paint is a thing of beauty. Richard Schwinn, grandson of old man Schwinn, started Waterford back in the day and made a "more affordable" line of custom steel bikes called Gunnar, after his dog. He gave a talk at our LBS around the time of the North American Handbuilt Bike Show. Very nice guy. 

8 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Translation: "I'm a slowpoke." :runcirclsmiley:

Tom

So fucking what?  

I have no interest in becoming a professional cyclist nor going on bike forums to brag about my prowess and put down the lesser bikers.  I do this for fun and to meet interesting people.  Most of the time I have fun and most of the time I meet interesting people.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

So fucking what?  

I have no interest in becoming a professional cyclist nor going on bike forums to brag about my prowess and put down the lesser bikers.  I do this for fun and to meet interesting people.  Most of the time I have fun and most of the time I meet interesting people.

...you know what could fix this attitude ?  Strava. :)

44 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't poke him. He is sensitive today.  And, apparently, he hates emoticons! :hapydance:

Tom

...without @_____ , I fear that poking the wrong people will become more and more of an issue. :(  

This, if for no other reason, would make it advisable to bring him back as an active forum member ASAP.

I hope "certain people" are reading this, because I have some very real fear for the future.  The balance of nature has been upset here.:default_sissy-fight-smiley:

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...without @_____ , I fear that poking the wrong people will become more and more of an issue. :(  

This, if for no other reason, would make it advisable to bring him back as an active forum member ASAP.

I hope "certain people" are reading this, because I have some very real fear for the future.  The balance of nature has been upset here.:default_sissy-fight-smiley:

Cheese will return.  I've already picked out a Christmas card for him.

• Heart 1