What is your dietary staple?

Ralphie

....mmmmm, fatback.:)   Inedia

The 1670 Rosicrucian text Comte de Gabalis attributed the practice to the physician and occultist Paracelsus (1493–1541) who was described as having lived "several years by taking only one half scrupule of Solar Quintessence". In this book, it is also stated that, "Paracelsus affirms that He has seen many of the Sages fast twenty years without eating anything whatsoever."

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

....mmmmm, fatback.:)   Inedia

The 1670 Rosicrucian text Comte de Gabalis attributed the practice to the physician and occultist Paracelsus (1493–1541) who was described as having lived "several years by taking only one half scrupule of Solar Quintessence". In this book, it is also stated that, "Paracelsus affirms that He has seen many of the Sages fast twenty years without eating anything whatsoever."

How did you manage to go from fatback to inedia????

And what's a scruple of Solar Quintessence?

I think your sages were sneaking down to  In and Out burger after Paracelsus went to sleep.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, late said:

Chocolate.

Mostly unsweetened these days.

I'm taking the OP to mean favorite. It's not like any of you buy 50 pound barrels of potatoes, a 20 pound bag of flour, and a few pounds of fatback. Those are staples.

No, I meant what do you stock up on to make the foundation of what you eat.  So Hip had the best answer, both for form (2-3 things) and content (healthy foods).

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

No, I meant what do you stock up on to make the foundation of what you eat.  So Hip had the best answer, both for form (2-3 things) and content (healthy foods).

I didn’t know we were being graded on this - like a pop quiz or something.  I would have spent more than 5 seconds on an answer. ?

• Heart 2
  • Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Wait a minute..  Fat is 70% of my diet.  That makes it a staple, no?  It was also a bandwidth conserving answer.  :) 

20 hours ago, late said:

Chocolate.

Mostly unsweetened these days.

I'm taking the OP to mean favorite. It's not like any of you buy 50 pound barrels of potatoes, a 20 pound bag of flour, and a few pounds of fatback. Those are staples.

Rice in 25 pound bags, tomatoes and whatnot which I can. We have a cellar worth of staples. 

• Awesome 1