What would you do,

dinneR

6 minutes ago, dennis said:

If you found somebody's garbage in your dumpster? Mostly recycling really, overflowing a bear proof dumpster. Some of it was dumped on the ground beside the dumpster because it was now overflowing. The lid was left open, big no-no around here.

Deal with it?

Recycle it for them?

Return it?

Depends.  Do you know who dumped it?  I like the idea of returning it to their doorstep, or in front of their car door or somesuch.

I would do two things.. find them and return what would not fit, and recycle the rest that will fit unless you don't have space for yours, and then it goes back also. Do you could go to their place and put best laying on their car windows. 

They put the residents who live here at risk. There have been reports recently of bears going through garbage, mostly non-bear proof dumpsters. This one is bear proof, but only if used properly. They filled it so no residents could use it until emptied later this week. 20 or so families would have to keep their garbage in the homes for a few days. Only about half have garages.

They dumped their stuff and left the state. They could have recycled it. They could have used their own dumpster. They could have used their HOA's dumpster. They could have paid someone to deal with it. They own a million dollar home here in addition to their Texas home.

5 minutes ago, dennis said:

They put the residents who live here at risk. There have been reports recently of bears going through garbage, mostly non-bear proof dumpsters. This one is bear proof, but only if used properly. They filled it so no residents could use it until emptied later this week. 20 or so families would have to keep their garbage in the homes for a few days. Only about half have garages.

They dumped their stuff and left the state. They could have recycled it. They could have used their own dumpster. They could have used their HOA's dumpster. They could have paid someone to deal with it. They own a million dollar home here in addition to their Texas home.

You should let them you that you are going to kill them, and then kill them.

me? I would return it. (have done it) perhaps a picture of it on their empty home front porch. Then an e mail. After a week. And right after you phone in a nuisance complaint to Code enforcement

But....it might have been a vendor for them. They call the cleaners on the last day. Clean the house, take out the garbage. Vendor does not have garbage provider/place to take it. They dump on your cans. 

I did stop by to talk to them and explain the problems they created. The bear danger. the selfishness. They were gone for the season. Furniture covered. The neighbor told me the owner was there just a few hours earlier. He had a party with about 5 friends. I figure they had to catch flights back to Texas and elsewhere and didn't budget enough time to deal with the recycling and garbage. Crazy thing is they could have left it in the garage.

They put people at risk. There was a bear attack Sat. One dead, one injured. Unrelated, 30 miles to the north, but it puts you on edge. Multiple reports of bears in this neighborhood, on this street. It's really not cool to leave an open dumpster just 50 years from a playground and even closer to homes. And it is illegal. 

Other than making a complaint to the garbage police there is little you can do if they won't be back till next year.  Don't expect the garbage police to be particularly offended if they are gone and this is a one time event.

You could always put the recycle on their back porch and leave it till next year when they come back but then you would have become them.

But....it might have been a vendor for them. They call the cleaners on the last day. Clean the house, take out the garbage. Vendor does not have garbage provider/place to take it. They dump on your cans. 

its still theirs. We hear this from people we bust for dumping on State lands. So and so takes my trash...owner gets a ticket and so does hauler.

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Starting my career I flew fly-in fishing tourists.  Picking up a group at an outpost camp, I noticed they were very light on trash to be flown out.  I then noticed much of the cardboard and about 20 dozen beer cans on the bottom of the lake at the end of the dock.  I made them retrieve every last bit before flying them out.  They complained to the owner but moreso  when the fisheries inspector at the border confiscated their fish due to overages.  :) They all promised never to return to Canada and I was good with that.  

That is what you get for taking Texans fishing.  Jerks.