Found an advantage to "Open Office"

12string

I got this email at work:

Hello there.

Hopefully you don\'t really mind my language grammar, considering that i am from Saudi arabia. I contaminated your gadget with a virus and now have all your private files from your operating-system.

It was set up on an adult page after which you\'ve chosen the video clip and  it, my application quickly got into your os.

Then, your front-cam documented you wank, on top of that i captured a video that you have looked at.

Just after a little while it also picked up all of your device contacts. If you happen to wish me to erase your all that i have - send me 730 dollars in bitcoin it\'s a crypto. It is my account address : 15DJTDd4Y68h8Wj6mtPmsSUYmxsSme9uVT

At this point you havee 24 hrs. to produce a decision The minute i will get the transaction i am going to eliminate this video and everything completely. If not, you should remember this video is going to be forwarded to your contacts.

Fine.  Go for it.  Email the video to everyone at work.  There's no walls, they all already know what I did.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The video was grainy.  You need to upgrade your phone or web cam, or clean the lens.

Yeah, and pics or it didn't happen!

I'm more interested in why these guys don't spend a bitcoin to get an English/American grammar and spelling adviser.   Are the pickings so easy that they don't even have to try???? 

Tom

21 hours ago, 12string said:

Hello there.

Hopefully you don\'t really mind my language grammar, considering that i am from Saudi arabia. I contaminated your gadget with a virus and now have all your private files from your operating-system.

It was set up on an adult page after which you\'ve chosen the video clip and  it, my application quickly got into your os.

Then, your front-cam documented you wank, on top of that i captured a video that you have looked at.

Just after a little while it also picked up all of your device contacts. If you happen to wish me to erase your all that i have - send me 730 dollars in bitcoin it\'s a crypto. It is my account address : 15DJTDd4Y68h8Wj6mtPmsSUYmxsSme9uVT

At this point you havee 24 hrs. to produce a decision The minute i will get the transaction i am going to eliminate this video and everything completely. If not, you should remember this video is going to be forwarded to your contacts.

Fine.  Go for it.  Email the video to everyone at work.  There's no walls, they all already know what I did.

I would be so proud if this happened to me and would notify all of my friends to expect the files.

The whole idea of me being able to have an erection would raise my status immeasurably among my group.....dear me yes.

• Heart 1

22 hours ago, 12string said:

Hello there.

That was the plot of a very creepy "Black Mirror."

Off on a tangent:

I used to use the free Open Office, but it has fallen into a decayed operation.  People formerly associated with it have produced the also free LibreOffice, which is MUCH superior to what remains of Open Office.

Still, I think the best free offline (Google Docs and Google Sheets online is good) office suite is WPS Office (WPS 2016 Office free is here: https://www.wps.com/office-free).

Reviews are here: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3226453/software-productivity/wps-office-2016-review-office-alternative.html

and https://www.pcworld.com/article/218394/software-productivity/best-microsoft-office-alternatives.html

I have an old MS Office 2000 set of discs that came with a laptop that I used to use until well into the 2010's since it met my needs, but there are some .docx, and .xlsx that I often encounter now that won't run on Office 2000.

So WPS 2016 Office is what I use now. I like it because it's virtually identical to MS Office in operation with a tiny number of both improvements and deficiencies. There is a 5 second ad that comes on if I'm online when I first run WPS Spreadsheets or WPS Writer (I haven't used WPS Presentation -MS Powerpoint equiv.) but that's the only nag.

12 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Off on a tangent:

I used to use the free Open Office, but it has fallen into a decayed operation.  People formerly associated with it have produced the also free LibreOffice, which is MUCH superior to what remains of Open Office.

Still, I think the best free offline (Google Docs and Google Sheets online is good) office suite is WPS Office (WPS 2016 Office free is here: https://www.wps.com/office-free).

Reviews are here: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3226453/software-productivity/wps-office-2016-review-office-alternative.html

and https://www.pcworld.com/article/218394/software-productivity/best-microsoft-office-alternatives.html

I have an old MS Office 2000 set of discs that came with a laptop that I used to use until well into the 2010's since it met my needs, but there are some .docx, and .xlsx that I often encounter now that won't run on Office 2000.

So WPS 2016 Office is what I use now. I like it because it's virtually identical to MS Office in operation with a tiny number of both improvements and deficiencies. There is a 5 second ad that comes on if I'm online when I first run WPS Spreadsheets or WPS Writer (I haven't used WPS Presentation -MS Powerpoint equiv.) but that's the only nag.

Not many people on this board are able to take one post off topic in 2 directions at the same time!  Bravo!  ?

• Awesome 1