Cardboard

donkpow

I always enjoy the different ways some folks come up with to make a bike frame or as a whole.  Wood and bamboo are the popular choices, but cardboard is fun too! I guess you could seal the cardboard so it could get wet, but clearly it is more of a "fun" project than a "this bike will save the world" sort of thing.

Tom  

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I always enjoy the different ways some folks come up with to make a bike frame or as a whole.  Wood and bamboo are the popular choices, but cardboard is fun too! I guess you could seal the cardboard so it could get wet, but clearly it is more of a "fun" project than a "this bike will save the world" sort of thing.

Tom  

It's pretty cool. I bet they can have a big impact. Not save the world, but change someone's life. 

I used to sell Kona Africabikes. Kona would give away one bike for every two sold. They sent the free bikes to home healthcare workers in Africa. Before the bikes, they had to walk to see patients. With the bike, they could visit more patients each day. It works as a simple tool to increase their impact. 

kona-africa-bike-one-2009-hybrid-bike-00127936-9999-1.jpg

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, dennis said:

It's pretty cool. I bet they can have a big impact. Not save the world, but change someone's life. 

I used to sell Kona Africabikes. Kona would give away one bike for every two sold. They sent the free bikes to home healthcare workers in Africa. Before the bikes, they had to walk to see patients. With the bike, they could visit more patients each day. It works as a simple tool to increase their impact. 

Yep. There are quite a few bike charities out there. I generally do 88bikes each year. He's a pretty small outfit compared to something like the Bikes For The World type of charity.

In a place where you may need to walk miles to get to school, hospitals, stores, work, whatever, a bike can cover the same distance - and with cargo - at 3x the speed, so a 20min ride vs a 1hr walk is a huge improvement.

Tom